Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tracks are Back Now everything is in the Air!

Yes, It Loads that Way and Stays Like That Over the Whole Route.
    DaveKfromUP

Charles,
    Yes, that's Exactly What I'm Seeing.
    I'm Working on Following Your Instructions to Send the Log Files. In Some Ways I'm Good with the Computer but in Other Ways I'm Stupid.
    I Work for the Union Pacific in North Little Rock at the Ramp and Use the Computer all the Time to Do My job for Ordering Parts and Creating Work Packages. But Everything I Need is in the System Computer program so I Have Very Few problems.
    At home I Have Windows 10 and All the New Stuff that Go's with 10 are a Nightmare. It Used to be Easy but Now They've Added all these new Items and I'm Still Trying to Figure Things Out.
    Thankyou,
    DaveKfromUP

Problem solved for my routes. Dug into a 500Gb HD attached to my PC via a USB connection. Found the ZIP for the Herford Sub. Opened the ZIP to the ATSFHS folder. Drug the Tiles folder from the ZIP to my ...\ROUTES\ATSFHS folder reinstalling the Tiles folder. Now no floating track.

So, Dave, you can either fix your routes that way or just reinstall the routes that have the floating track. Routes that are just the files compressed can be fixed by just unzipping the Tiles folder. Bu the routes with an Executable installer will need to be completely reinstalled.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Problem solved for my routes. Dug into a 500Gb HD attached to my PC via a USB connection. Found the ZIP for the Herford Sub. Opened the ZIP to the ATSFHS folder. Drug the Tiles folder from the ZIP to my ...\ROUTES\ATSFHS folder reinstalling the Tiles folder. Now no floating track.

So, Dave, you can either fix your routes that way or just reinstall the routes that have the floating track. Routes that are just the files compressed can be fixed by just unzipping the Tiles folder. Bu the routes with an Executable installer will need to be completely reinstalled.
    My emphasis, I don't think so, why install anything again and risk more trouble. Just unzip the route or run the route exe file and install to a temp location of your choosing ( Like C:\MSTS\TempROUTES ) and then COPY only the "y.raw" and "f.raw" files from the route TILES folder and paste them in your working location ( the one with all the floating stuff ) problem solved.

Perhaps, that's what Charles meant?
    Anyway...
    Do it for one route and check to make sure it cured the problem, then do the others. When all repairs are made, simply delete the temp folder you created...AND THEN...make a backup of the working routes.

First though, check each route to make sure the "y.raw" files are missing from the TILES folder.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    My emphasis, I don't think so, why install anything again and risk more trouble. Just unzip the route or run the route exe file and install to a temp location of your choosing ( Like C:\MSTS\TempROUTES ) and then COPY only the "y.raw" and "f.raw" files from the route TILES folder and paste them in your working location ( the one with all the floating stuff ) problem solved.

Perhaps, that's what Charles meant?
    Good idea and what I already decided to do for my routes.

Wonder how all these y.raw files got deleted in the first place. They are not all deleted just in some routes. Wonder if the "new" Route Riter is to blame?
    Charles

Dave,
    Since most of your routes have the floating track problem, I am guessing that when you did your reinstall of MSTS outside of the Program Files folder you copied your Routes folder from the Program Files folder to the new install. Thus taking your problem with you to the new install.

I spent some time today researching old posts on the forum. Guess what I found back in 2016. A post about tracks floating in air above the terrain. Guess who was the OP. A guy named dkingsburg! And guess what he was told to do to fix the problem. Reinstall the route(s).
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Good idea and what I already decided to do for my routes.

Wonder how all these y.raw files got deleted in the first place. They are not all deleted just in some routes. Wonder if the "new" Route Riter is to blame?
    Well, for myself, a confession, I had the same problem some years ago, early days of OR, I had read ( not too carefully as it turned out ) that OR didn't need the raw files in the TILES folder...I missed the part about still needing the y&f raw files, so I deleted all of them...and I had all floating track routes ( plus buildings,etc. ) Fortunately I had backups of everything, so once I figured it out, I just copied and pasted the y&f raw files --- problem solved.

New route riter from "who shall not be named"? Maybe, looks like you'll have to try an experiment...I don't have a copy of it.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Charles,
    Even though I Moved all of my Routes to a Temporary Folder None of them had the y Tiles. I Downloaded the Routes to My Desktop and then Transferred the Tiles File Back Into the Routes. So Far Cheyenne, East Metro and SAL Are Corrected and Everything is back to Normal.
    Bala2, Conn River and Mactier are Back to Normal with the Exception of Gray Area's Along the Track and At All Switches, Diamonds, Road Crossings.
    Thankyou,
    DaveKfromUP