Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donner Pass Storm of 52 and End of an Era addons affecting TSRE5?

Default Donner Pass Storm of 52 and End of an Era addons affecting TSRE5?

I recently installed the 2 addons in the title to my copy of Donner Pass and since then I have been unable to open the route in TSRE5 in order to add some scenery items. The egg timer appears for a moment but then nothing. All other routes open okay, as this one used to before the addons were installed. Has anyone else experienced this please and is there a workaround? I am running this MSTS route through OR although I don't think that should make a difference in this instance.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

The TSRE log may give a clue as to what's wrong. Filename is log.txt and is in the main TSRE folder. If you wish assistance please zip the log and attach to a post.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks for the reply Vince. Log attached as requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Last Lines of Log.txt:
    [I] Nowy 15 act: "c:/donner pass/routes/3dts_donner1/activities/3dts_dp1_cf_last run of the cab forward.act"
    [I] "c:/donner pass/routes/3dts_donner1/activities/3dts_dp1_cf_last run of the cab forward.act"
    [I] #ACT - undefined token: "`[email protected]@@@@@@@@@jinx0a0t______"
    The last line has "`[email protected]@@@@@@@@@jinx0a0t______"
    Note that there is a ` before the "[email protected]@@@@@@@@@jinx0a0t______"
    The first line of an ACT file should be "[email protected]@@@@@@@@@jinx0a0t______" with NO ` before the "simisa...............".
    Open the ACT file. If a ` begins the first line remove it and save the file.
    If that is not the problem, look else where within the file for errors.
    Charles

That's done it. Many thanks Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    That's done it. Many thanks Charles.

Now you have to ask yourself "How did it get there?" as it is NOT in the original.
    Charles

Red face

I'm putting that down to my "three score years and ten" (plus one) Charles

I think there's some threads here or at ET about errors in the Steam locomotives eng files that need attention, this is a steam activity if I remember. Does that ring a bell? ( Charles may remember? )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    I think there's some threads here or at ET about errors in the Steam locomotives eng files that need attention, this is a steam activity if I remember. Does that ring a bell? ( Charles may remember? )
    Not applicable. TSRE stopped on an ACT file not an ENG file.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    I'm putting that down to my "three score years and ten" (plus one) Charles

Not an excuse acceptable to one who is four score minus one. ;-)
    Charles