Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasii, OH YEAH?

Default Fantasii, OH YEAH?

G'day All, I just installed the route "Fantasii v2.0" and attached below is the OpenRailslog file. I have had results similar to this in a few newer routs and begin to wonder (not being nasty) if those involved in production and especially testing ever check these log files? There is some missing stock and that is my problem which will not be hard to fix with the information given and that is appreciated.
    Here is the log file.

OpenRails Fantasii v2.0.zip

It's a biggie.
    Regards
    Barrie

Open Rails - Open Rails Activities ORTS Activity--Fantasii v2.0 Activity Pack 1
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: fantasii_v2_act_pak1.zip
    Size: 1,494,822 Date: 08-31-2019 Downloads: 133

ORTS Activity--Fantasii v2.0 Activity Pack 1. Four activities for the Fantasii v2.0 route. Requires one payware set from Tiger Trains plus freeware downloads from the library. Please read the 'Stocks Needed 4 Acts.pdf' file. By Steve Hopkins

Charles

G'day Charles, I was not talking about the missing stock as the documentation is well done, as I did say and yes I have those downloads.
    What I was on about the errors shown in the OpenRailslog especially the:-
    Warning: Expected end of file in F:\Open Rails US and CAN\ROUTES\Fantasii_v2\WORLD\w-012108+014013.w:line 283 type
    and
    Warning: File SOUND\DemoAutoSound/switchtrackex.sms missing from F:\Open Rails US and CAN\ROUTES\Fantasii_v2
    There are a lot of these errors and they do affect performance. The creators have done a great job of creating having these errors fixed for OpenRails (it seems MSTS does not care about them) would have been icing on the cake.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    .. and begin to wonder (not being nasty) if those involved in production and especially testing ever check these log files? ...
    OpenRails Fantasii v2.0.zip
    It's a biggie.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Barrie, excuse me, but I rather think you are being overly critical...my goodness this route was released in 2016...5 years ago, OR was not on many folks radar then, especially something as esoteric as looking at ( and understanding ) the OR log. Even now, many users do not look at the log, most folks with a problem have to asked to include a log with a post.

However, I do wholeheartedly agree with you that anyone NOW building routes for OR ( especially the payware folks ) would be releasing an incomplete/unfinished product if they did not first check the OR log and repair any warnings or log entries that pertained to the route.

At the very least, we users now have a simulator that provides an accurate log, so repairs can be made. Looks like you have work to do...after all it's only a hobby...what else ya gonna do?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

G'day Gerry, I did not realise the route was that old, had a couple of fairly new ones with these same errors and it does get a bit exasperating.
    Oh well it will fill in a few days getting the rolling stock I am missing no1 priority then the other issues later.
    I will look at the date next time before I blow off my big mouth, just hope it is worth the work.
    Regards
    Barrie

Barrie,

If you don't have the necessary installs in first, then you should not open the activity as you will get a ton of errors like this. Also, the installation instructions for the route state as follows; "This route is also setup to use the Automatic switch and curve squeal track sound function of Open Rails as stated in chapter 13.3 of the manual. If you don't plan to use this function, copy the Fantasii_v2.trk and ttype.dat files from the Extras folder and overwrite the files in this root folder." I forgot that people don't like to read instructions first, so I won't make that mistake again in the future. As for the water mark that TsUtils adds to files during processing, I just found an easier way to delete those, so they won't be in any future uploads. By the way, those water mark errors don't affect the performance of the route. Now as for the shape errors, these are things that are evolving with OpenRails. The shapes appear, but it causes to OpenRails log some type of error. You have to remember that these shapes were created for MSTS which acts differently than OR. And since I did not create these shapes, I cannot correct and redistribute any them. Thanks for posting your log file as it is a big help when looking at problems. And as I said before, I will do a better job on my end with future uploads. Have a great day.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

75% of the older MSTS routes you will see in the File Library is strictly MSTS, Most WILL NOT work well with Open Rails. So once an error pops up when you try an MSTS route on OR, its all on your own to try to learn on how to resolve that issue. It had been told countless times by OR developers way back then when OR came alive.
    Dave Edwards

G'day Dave, I am currently using version "U2021.02.02-0551" and I have got quite a lot of older routes that work perfectly and look good and find it is the newer versions that have more issues, not complaining but I guess when MSTS was young there were issues as well.
    I have also found these so called "experimental versions" of OpenRails rarely have issues these days and are always quickly fixed so I am sticking with them.
    I also would like to thank Steve for his enlightening reply.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day Steve, I downloaded a file "cr_828f.zip" when I installed it there were four files missing:-
    CR_828F\Threader4.wag
    CR_828F\Threader1.wag
    CR_828F\PullerCar.wag
    CR_828F\Threader5.wag
    I have done quite a bit of searching for these files, could you please advise where they may be.
    Regards
    Barrie