Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine Central Mountain Division

RY-1 crossing the diamond.
    whitefield_ry1.jpg

Before RY-1 arrived, a B&M local was working the interchange
    whitefield_nh_interchange1.jpg whitefield_nh_interchange3.jpg whitefield_nh_interchange2.jpg

St. Johnsbury yard, nice and grassy! Not like that anymore with the Vermont Rail System ownership.

Anyways, those are excellent photos I can work with!

A quick grab of the "OCS" train of WMRC making it's return trip through Sebago. I need to get some grass and some dirt fill in this area!

https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Dropping some more scenery at Sebago Lake, plus adding the siding, and extending the main a bit further around the lake. I need to go and edit the pine tree ace file, darken the textures a bit, as they are a little too bright. Also got to get more leafy trees such as birch, and what not. Borrow those from Paul Charlands routes.

Extended the road as well, which can't be seen yet, but will be doing more to that, as well as "painting" the terrain for the shoreline and the parking area for the Sebago Lake entertainment.

Not really sure, but I definitely enjoy this little spot. Never been there in person. Funny, seems I lived in Maine 25 years prior to moving to Vermont and earning my keep with the railroad here..

Really enjoying the Sebago Lake area.. A few more updates with some more scenery added!

A bit annoyed with how the "painting textures" on the terrain came out though... At least the annoying grass line through the middle where the tiles meet.

Geeze, all of sudden ( it seems "all of a sudden" ) there's some excellent route building going on...mighty fine work there Shawn.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Nice work, sir.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Geeze, all of sudden ( it seems "all of a sudden" ) there's some excellent route building going on...mighty fine work there Shawn.
    I was thinking the same - all of a sudden there are some routes I'm incredibly interested in, whether it be from talented developers here on traimsim.com or the folks over at TrainSimulations. It's great to see new things come along. I've always thought about how great it would be to model some of my local routes (MBTA/Amtrak/CSX/PAR around Boston, MA) and I even have track charts for the B&A and related secondaries, but I've never tried route building in earnest. Something else always seems to get in the way.

I've been speaking with some of the members of the Austrian OR community about getting some new life going on the European side of things, but it's more difficult to create appealing content due to the lack of safety systems such as PZB, LZB. On the other hand, I've managed to convince some people who mainly stick to DTG's offerings to give OR another go!

Having a capable route editor makes all the difference...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

This route isn't all of a sudden though to be fair. This has been something that I've been playing with since 2012-2013.. Only now It's completely brand new from the ground up. The older MEC Mountain Division was a bit dated with it's terrain, and some scenery items and track work was poorly done. I rushed that in some spots, with the old RE that came from MSTS itself.

Now that we have TSRE, its a breeze.

I have a few routes I want to do as well as finish this one..

Vermont Rail System, Based in Rutland, VT. Extending from Rutland to Whitehall, NY, Rutland to Bellows Falls, Rutland to Burlington, and Rutland to Hoosick Jct, NY.
    Pan Am Southern from East Deerfield, MA to Rotterdam Jct, NY.
    Central, Maine & Quebec from Brownville Jct, ME to Jackson, ME, including the Searsport Sub.
    Pan Am Railways Rumford Branch from Leeds Jct, ME to Rumford, ME. (WMRC purposes)

However, that's a lot to take on all at once, my main focus is obviously the MEC line.

It is amazing how just getting ballast texture/row texture makes the whole scene "pop". Nice work Shawn, have fun with your project.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.