Thread: EP-3s Show Up As Steam Loco's

Default EP-3s Show Up As Steam Loco's

Hi all,

I just downloaded the "Milwaukee Road Rolling Stock Package" (rmdstock.zip). Many of the EP-3s show up as steam locos in the tsre consist editor. I looked at the ENG files and sure enough these engines are classified ( Steam ). The downloaded consists that contain these engines will not budge.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here. Is this intentional?

Fred

It probably is intentional, as in the olden days of MSTS, parts of locomotives were classified as steam engines to get steam effects.
    Last edited by SD40-2; 02-09-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Hi all,

I just downloaded the "Milwaukee Road Rolling Stock Package" (rmdstock.zip). Many of the EP-3s show up as steam locos in the tsre consist editor. I looked at the ENG files and sure enough these engines are classified ( Steam ). The downloaded consists that contain these engines will not budge.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here. Is this intentional?

Fred
    I had the same issue with them and other electrics for the Milwaukee like the Joes and BiPolars. I would get a NaN error and the engine would jump and sway on the tracks. If you look at the consist in TSRE you will see a steam generator part added just behind the locomotive. Delete that from the consist and should do the trick

Just got home from work and loaded up TSRE. The part you want to eliminate in the consist is the "Milwaukee Steam Heating" effect. It should be listed right behind the power. I would check all the Milwaukee consists for that and delete that from the consist and should be good to go. You will still get the steam heat exhaust from the power so I'm not sure what the purpose of the added effect was

Thankyou all for the good info.

Fred