Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC "Water level" route started!

Hi Folks,

One more (it also demonstrates how much we lack in content compared to some other sims):

More NYC Hudsons on the Hudson

Regards,
    Scott

Wow, I didn't realize Trainz could look that good nowdays, haven't tried it since 2008ish!

I'm away working during the weekend, but I'll hopefully post some new screenshots next week.
    Greetings from Sweden!

Quote Originally Posted by blillpers View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize Trainz could look that good nowdays, haven't tried it since 2008ish!

I'm away working during the weekend, but I'll hopefully post some new screenshots next week.
    Hi...

Yeah - the vids are from six years ago as well. Pretty impressive route but I've only seen these videos of it. I've tried Trainz before - what keeps me away is all the scenery popping and the poor physics.

Aside from being one of the three last "active" North American steam locomotive builders left in our community - textures are my thing - if you need any custom terrtex or seamless tiles - I'm pretty handy with that stuff. Just give me a shout. I'd suggest 1024x1024 terrtex tiles for adequate detail.

Looking forward to your shots...

Regards,
    Scott

Thee route looks pretty nice, I like the details like wires on the telegraph poles, which is missing in many old MSTS routes. Their equipment doesn't look that good, passenger cars are really bad and the steam loco is mediocre. Just my two cents
    Jim

I have some NYC scenic objects if you're interested.
    Bridges
    GCT platforms
    Trackside power lines and signal towers.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY VET

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    Thee route looks pretty nice, I like the details like wires on the telegraph poles, which is missing in many old MSTS routes. Their equipment doesn't look that good, passenger cars are really bad and the steam loco is mediocre. Just my two cents
    Hi Jim,

Always nice to see you around...

Trainz brings our BIGGEST shortcoming in the ORTS/MSTS route development world to the forefront - the lack of "splines". Those magic little shapes like telegraph poles, sidewalks, roads, fences, power lines, and even foliage - that with a series of clicks stretches as long as you want - magically traversing up and down the terrain all by itself. You can create miles of the stuff with a few clicks - even with wires attached. Talk about speeding up route development !!! It seems to accomplish "splines" in ORTS - Goku and the ORTS Development Team needs to work together - and for whatever reason that seems unlikely.

LOL - yeah - hah - same thoughts on the locomotive - not to toot my own horn - hah - been itch'n to build a proper NYC steam locomotive for years - but without a good route to run it on - I thought it rather pointless.

It would probably be one of these:
    New York Central 2933 by Jeff Terry, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

For everyone who ever wanted a Mohawk!

A Mohawk would be awesome but like Scott said without a route why bother. The detailing on it would be a huge undertaking. Hopefully this route will appear. In the meantime I guess I'll just enjoy my Lionel version.
    Jim

Double post
    Last edited by blillpers; 02-13-2021 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Double post
    Greetings from Sweden!

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    I have some NYC scenic objects if you're interested.
    Bridges
    GCT platforms
    Trackside power lines and signal towers.
    That is absolutely interesting!

Drop me a private message if you'd like to send them over.
    Greetings from Sweden!