Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NYC "Water level" route started!

Finished track laying past Croton North station (which I believe was called Croton-on-Hudson in my era) and the yards there, and as far as Oscawana. The first set of water throughs north of Harmon is also located here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greetings from Sweden!

Looking great man! This is one of the routes in development that I'm most excited for. Heck, it makes me realize I really need to learn some 3d modeling programs so I can really hammer out my Frisco route!
    -Cade VerHage-
    New arrival to the Route Builder community
    Focusing on the railroads of the Midwest and Southeast (1920's-1970's)
    Huge Frisco Fan

I am looking forward to this being completed, take your time though, please. I hope it gets to be offered complete, and so far it looks great!
    Keep up the great work! I wish I had your talents and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by CSXCorp View Post
    it makes me realize I really need to learn some 3d modeling programs so I can really hammer out my Frisco route!
    Sketchup is pretty easy to learn and is great for building structures etc. Not so much for things that need to be animated like rolling stock.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    Sketchup is pretty easy to learn and is great for building structures etc. Not so much for things that need to be animated like rolling stock.

Jon
    I beg to differ. You can design rolling stock with SU. You'll then need to export the .3ds file into something like 3DC, Gmax, or Blender to make the shape. I design with SU and make the shape file with 3DC. Over 100 buildings made and 15 freight cars. I'm not a fan of Blender or Max. I don't like 3DC for design purposes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post

Jon
    I'll have to give it a try. TSM isn't too bad but texturing was the hardest part for me.
    -Cade VerHage-
    New arrival to the Route Builder community
    Focusing on the railroads of the Midwest and Southeast (1920's-1970's)
    Huge Frisco Fan