Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: missing files from Indian routes, locos and rolling stock.

Default missing files from Indian routes, locos and rolling stock.

G'day All, I am installing some Indian routes and there stock needs. I have only one route installed and want to get it right before I move on. It seems there some collections of bitz and pieces in the file library but I don't seem to be able to find them, some assistance would be appreciated as I don't like posting lists of missing files for others to sort.
    Regards
    Barrie

http://www.indianrailsim.com/database/

That should help you find most items. Just enter the eng or wag filename and if it is in the database it will return the download filename and location.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

G'day baldwin, sorry for not being clearer, i meant files like SD, S, ACE and sound files etc. I know these Indian routes, locos and rolling stock are notorious for missing bits and pieces, but they have some very nice routes.
    Regards
    Barrie

In the early days of Indian MSTS there was a system of "base" sets that were made. Then others started reskinning, and usually made reference to the base set where the missing items were located, or stated that what they had done was to be added to the base set.

Some, which I think you have found, merely reskinned the body, released the work and left it to the end user to find the missing bits. Those, I tend to dump and replace with something that works.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    In the early days of Indian MSTS there was a system of "base" sets that were made. Then others started reskinning, and usually made reference to the base set where the missing items were located, or stated that what they had done was to be added to the base set.

Some, which I think you have found, merely reskinned the body, released the work and left it to the end user to find the missing bits. Those, I tend to dump and replace with something that works.
    Exactly. A large majority of the Indian content is merely re-skin on the base stock. Everything else is identical down to eng, S etc, except the repainted ace & name change

I do the same, just substitute in a similar locomotive and stock type (lhb/icf etc) when I can't find a piece of missing stock

Hi.
    Well i hope this help with this link.

https://indiantrainsim.webs.com/routes

Both routes and train.

Before you can download.

First regerister.

I hope my bad english.

Greetings from sweden

G'day All, I have been busy installing an Indian route called "Western Railways V2" I have it up and going but missing a few bits, the radio ones a probably in a pack but searching has got me nowhere.

aswsigperm.wav

radio-switching1.wav
    radio-switching2.wav
    radio-switching3.wav
    radio-dispatcher1.wav
    radio-beep1.wav
    radio-beep2.wav
    radio-beep3.wav
    radio-static1.wav
    radio-set.wav
    radio-detector1.wav
    radio-train1.wav
    radio-release.wav
    radio-standby.wav

Grateful for any assistance.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day All, I have been busy installing an Indian route called "Western Railways V2" I have it up and going but missing a few bits, the radio ones a probably in a pack but searching has got me nowhere.

aswsigperm.wav

radio-switching1.wav
    radio-switching2.wav
    radio-switching3.wav
    radio-dispatcher1.wav
    radio-beep1.wav
    radio-beep2.wav
    radio-beep3.wav
    radio-static1.wav
    radio-set.wav
    radio-detector1.wav
    radio-train1.wav
    radio-release.wav
    radio-standby.wav

Grateful for any assistance.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Hi,

I found the file radio-dispatcher1.wav referenced in one of Ed's Trains SD70M-2 locomotives. It seems to be free to download after registering. Why it would be a part of Indian rolling stock baffles me, and I hope it was not copied without permission!

http://www.edstrainsonline.com/Store...&product_id=73

G'day Joe, I logged into Ed's Trains and searched but could not find any free loco or reference to the sound pack.
    regards
    Barrie

G'day Joe, I have fixed the problem by eliminating the entries in the offending "sms" file all good.
    Regards
    Barrie