Thread: Frequency Curve & Volume Curve?

Question Frequency Curve & Volume Curve?

Can someone please explain the concept of Frequency Curve & Volume Curve in a sms file in detail?
    I am writing a sms file and have arrived halfway through...
    Thanks in advance.
    PC Specs :- Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 1GB, Samsung 4GB DDR2 RAM, Seagate 500GB HDD..
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf Ahmed Khan View Post
    Can someone please explain the concept of Frequency Curve & Volume Curve in a sms file in detail?
    I am writing a sms file and have arrived halfway through...
    Thanks in advance.
    https://www.msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/sms_doku.html

Covers it in great detail.

If I remember correctly The way I was taught, Volume Curve's like say the Audio's just a tad-bit lower than what it's suppose to be @ a certain point, & as a way to keep the Audio from being a "mess"; Volume Curve's make/lets the Audio go up a notch or 2 ( or vice-vera down a notch or 2 ). Plus, certain areas of a route requires the volume to be louder or lower, & The Volume Curve's get put in to help make that happen. Now, The Frequency Curve's are a tad different. One way discovered a few years ago's to make The ( MSTS Default that is ) Simulator's Default 11025hz. .wav up to @ least 44100hz. instead, & it by-passes that requirement by kind of "Tricking" The code,lol. Another's How Frequent you ( or anybody ) wants the sound to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by marklester01 View Post
    If I remember correctly The way I was taught, Volume Curve's like say the Audio's just a tad-bit lower than what it's suppose to be @ a certain point, & as a way to keep the Audio from being a "mess"; Volume Curve's make/lets the Audio go up a notch or 2 ( or vice-vera down a notch or 2 ). Plus, certain areas of a route requires the volume to be louder or lower, & The Volume Curve's get put in to help make that happen. Now, The Frequency Curve's are a tad different. One way discovered a few years ago's to make The ( MSTS Default that is ) Simulator's Default 11025hz. .wav up to @ least 44100hz. instead, & it by-passes that requirement by kind of "Tricking" The code,lol. Another's How Frequent you ( or anybody ) wants the sound to be heard.
    Thanks, Sir. Although it will take time to grasp completely what you've suggested!
    PC Specs :- Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 1GB, Samsung 4GB DDR2 RAM, Seagate 500GB HDD..
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.