Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A B&O themed project I finally found again from 2009

Default A B&O themed project I finally found again from 2009

Greetings to all. I found or rediscovered a route I thought I lost from 2009. Back then I was determined to build the B&O Ohio division from Parkersburg to Cincinatti. At first I extended the Hamilton Norfolk out to Chillicothe before I decided to do a new route. Below are just a few screen shots of the Chillicothe area. But anyway, if there is any interest in this at some point I may release what I have. After i rework some things in the route. I have been running it on and off here and there since then.

Attachment 1 is of West Junction Ohio looking East. Attachment 2 is of Lancaster Rd TT schooleys looking west. Attachment 3 is of High Street overpass which I custom made just to the west of Chillicothe, Attachment 4 is West Junction Ohio looking west. I hope to go throough and get more photos of what is sceniced. But I can say between Chillicothe and Parkersburg is mostly sceniced. Like I said, I still need to go through and do some more work to it.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    M. Payne

Hi,

I'd like to see your extension to the Hamilton Norfolk released.

Robert

At one point I had it, I may however revisit that idea. I do remember it not taking too long.
    M. Payne

Quote Originally Posted by CSXT Q-317 View Post
    Greetings to all. I found or rediscovered a route I thought I lost from 2009. Back then I was determined to build the B&O Ohio division from Parkersburg to Cincinatti. At first I extended the Hamilton Norfolk out to Chillicothe before I decided to do a new route. Below are just a few screen shots of the Chillicothe area. But anyway, if there is any interest in this at some point I may release what I have. After i rework some things in the route. I have been running it on and off here and there since then.

Attachment 1 is of West Junction Ohio looking East. Attachment 2 is of Lancaster Rd TT schooleys looking west. Attachment 3 is of High Street overpass which I custom made just to the west of Chillicothe, Attachment 4 is West Junction Ohio looking west. I hope to go throough and get more photos of what is sceniced. But I can say between Chillicothe and Parkersburg is mostly sceniced. Like I said, I still need to go through and do some more work to it.

Cheers.
    Sounds great. Would be cool to see this route continue west. I live in Loveland and spent some time rail-fanning the route from Cincinnati out to Midland City, mostly after CSX bailed and it became I&O

The B&O Chillicothe Sub and Parkersburg Sub are an excellent corridor choice. I seem to recall in the very early 80s, not too long before the severing of the route as a through route, the Chessie went through and revamped the sidings, extending some (Canaansville, Mineral) while pulling out the rest (Zaleski, Guysville).

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Sounds great. Would be cool to see this route continue west. I live in Loveland and spent some time rail-fanning the route from Cincinnati out to Midland City, mostly after CSX bailed and it became I&O
    I have track laid clear to Cincinnati. Scenery from Parkersburg to about Greenfield. Still some track mods to do in the Cincinnati area. For the layout of track, I went with a 1984 track chart. Still some work on the east end which I do run, but it needs a bit more work. I thought I was satisfied with Athens until I saw photos from 1974.
    M. Payne

This was the route that as soon as MSTS came out I was hoping would be built eventually. It has been a learning curve with a route that has scarce information. But these days photos and reference material are slowly becoming available. Just getting to a point where I could run a freight train between Chillicothe and Parkersburg was an undertaking with this route. The 1984 track charts that I had is what I used for layout. I would say i went kind of freelance a bit. While mostly prototypical. I've included interchange tracks at Dundas on both sides of the C&O. Plus the interchange tracks just to the west of Grosvernor.
    M. Payne

Quote Originally Posted by CSXT Q-317 View Post
    I have track laid clear to Cincinnati. Scenery from Parkersburg to about Greenfield. Still some track mods to do in the Cincinnati area. For the layout of track, I went with a 1984 track chart. Still some work on the east end which I do run, but it needs a bit more work. I thought I was satisfied with Athens until I saw photos from 1974.
    That’s great. When we moved here in 92, B&O had just torn up the second track through Loveland and Madeira. The ties were still there!

I finally found a few more screens from a while back.

A few things I decided to add was the CH&D side of Chillicothe from Musselman to the C&O just east. I have a short stretch of the C&O Northern Sub including Vauces and RA junction to include the CH&D from the C&O to West Junction. I had also incorporated two different signal sets in and had thought about incorporating NS signals on the NW side but never did.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...81/ChilliA.jpg
    https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...Payne81/RA.jpg
    https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...81/Chilli2.jpg
    M. Payne

I hope the stubs of the CHD towards Washington Court House and the C&O are long enough to be used as an on-ramp or off-ramp to start or terminate an entire full length AI train on. I have visions of DT&I trains mixing with Chessie as they venture between RA and Musselman.....