Thread: Train Sim World Corrupting Train Sim World 2020

Default Train Sim World Corrupting Train Sim World 2020

In my Steam account I have Train Sim World 2020 installed and working just fine. When I went to install Train Sim World, the choices were the following: 1. Do you want to reinstall Train Sim World, or
    2. Do you want to uninstall Train Sim World.
    When I tried the reinstall option, Train Sim World was installed with the name, Train Sim World 2020 right over my Train Sim World 2020. Now when I try running Train Sim World 2020, Train Sim World is launched, and I can in no way run my original Train Sim World 2020.
    I had to create a new Steam Account and purchase Train Sim World 2020 again to recover!
    My copy of Train Sim World was purchased from Amazon.com and shipped from a seller located in Denmark. I've since mailed back to the seller the product to the tune of $16.25!
    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Couple of things, there isn't a Train Sim World 2020, it is known as Train Sim World 2. Wasn't even aware TSW was on disc, you might have done better just buying/downloading from Steam, could be a secondhand or even bootleg disc.

However if you already have TSW2 not really sure why you would want the first which has now been superseded, other than the content - most of which is being progressively made available as DLC for TSW2 anyway.

Why didn't you contact Steam or Dovetail support, rather than buying TSW2 again?
    Vern.

A somewhat peculiar situation!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0