Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surfliner Ultimate Pack - Beta (Testers Needed)

Ran the 565 from San Diego to LA... no issues.

Had to rename some of the loose consist files. Running 566 today.

Cheers

Ran 566 today and ran into a bottleneck at MP 258 after slowing down for a train ahead. About 6.6 miles From Old Town station with a Coaster and two Amtrak trains in front waiting at the signal. Zoomed ahead and found more trains stalled or not moving heading towards San Diego. Two trains northbound stuck at Old Town. I was doing good up to that point and on schedule.

Thanks jiggywatt, didn't realize you posted here until just now. (Feel free to use PM's with the service name as well.)

What was the deal with the loose consist files? Also, did you run into issues with the Maxi 4 Intermodels?

I will look at 566 and get you an update.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggywatt View Post
    Ran 566 today and ran into a bottleneck at MP 258 after slowing down for a train ahead. About 6.6 miles From Old Town station with a Coaster and two Amtrak trains in front waiting at the signal. Zoomed ahead and found more trains stalled or not moving heading towards San Diego. Two trains northbound stuck at Old Town. I was doing good up to that point and on schedule.
    This might not be the activities, but something in the sigcfg.dat or sigscr.dat files. If you are running OR make an OpenRails folder and place it in the route directory, then copy the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files into it. Also make sure all the "SignalNumClearAhead" values in the sigcfg.dat file are greater than "3".

bandicam 2021-03-03 19-28-36-696.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    This might not be the activities, but something in the sigcfg.dat or sigscr.dat files. If you are running OR make an OpenRails folder and place it in the route directory, then copy the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files into it. Also make sure all the "SignalNumClearAhead" values in the sigcfg.dat file are greater than "3".

bandicam 2021-03-03 19-28-36-696.jpg
    I'll try that too. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UPAmtrak1 View Post
    Thanks jiggywatt, didn't realize you posted here until just now. (Feel free to use PM's with the service name as well.)

What was the deal with the loose consist files? Also, did you run into issues with the Maxi 4 Intermodels?

I will look at 566 and get you an update.
    The intermodals needed to be renamed from BNSF_SELIGMAN_DOMESTIC_INTERMO to SLI_BNSF_DOMESTIC_INTERMODAL

Quote Originally Posted by jiggywatt View Post
    The intermodals needed to be renamed from BNSF_SELIGMAN_DOMESTIC_INTERMO to SLI_BNSF_DOMESTIC_INTERMODAL
    So you renamed the folder, what was happening before that? The cars weren't showing up?

Also let me know if the signal fix works. I ran the activity again with no issues.

The BNSF_SELIGMAN_DOMESTIC_INTERMO folder did not exist on my PC. I found the files in the other folder and renamed them in the activity.