Thread: CB&Q Omaha station: any errors?

Default CB&Q Omaha station: any errors?

I made this model particularly for Todd, who is working on a C&NW route. It continually failed to load until I discovered that the clockface wasn't perfectly square. I fixed that and made a new ace, and then the model opened smoothly when I placed it in a test route. I tried it in both MSTS and OR. The fixed version is what I uploaded.

However, Todd is still getting an error message when he tries to place it in his route.

Has anyone else had a problem? Thank you.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

A texture called BLACK.ace causes the shape not to load in the shape viewer.
    Also, take a close look at the building, and there is a hole in the building looking toward the clock from the right side, partway up.

Yes, I usually preview any download in SV to see how it looks, however this would not load, as dcarleton said.
    Also the SD file references a S-File with "-new" at the end.

Thank you. I fixed the sd file, changed the black texture to 16 x 16 pixels instead of 8 x 8 (I'd been using it for 9 years!) and fixed two untextured surfaces. The Sketchup Train Simulator plugin has a function to highlight untextured surfaces: they'll show up gray in Sketchup but transparent in the simulation. I always use that function, but it didn't highlight those two (they get highlighted as bright red). So I sent the kit and kaboodle to Todd and asked him whether it works for him now. It's a wonder that it was OK in the test route. As I used to say at work only a year ago, "This is too hard! I'm too old!" That never got me any sympathy. :-(
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

The update doesn't work for me in Sview. No textures showing?Also shape file isn't compressed.
    untitled.JPG
    Last edited by hiball 3985; 02-21-2021 at 01:17 PM.
    Jim

That is all I am getting as well. If you look at the Textures window, none of the boxes are checked, so the file is not reading the textures.

It works just fine. Put the textures into a folder called textures, and put the shape in a folder called shapes.

OR

Put the textures and shape together into the same folder. Then the shape viewer can find the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    It works just fine. Put the textures into a folder called textures, and put the shape in a folder called shapes.

OR

Put the textures and shape together into the same folder. Then the shape viewer can find the textures.
    Will it show properly in TSRE5 and in the Sim in Open Rails? I installed the files together and it works, should or could something be done using SFM?

I tried all the combinations of separate folders, all in one etc. before I posted. One combo didn't load at all, the best I could do is shape loading with no textures .
    Jim

I just downloaded and installed, put the 's' file into the texture file and the station renders perfectly in shape viewer. Don't know where your problem could be.