Thread: Train Dematerialised!

Default Train Dematerialised!

Anyone else had this occur?

I ran a train around the balloon loop at Trona only to find the back end was blocking the head end across the switch - standoff with my own train! So clever idea No.1, I brought in additional locos to couple on the rear and draw a portion off to clear the switch. Coupled up okay and moved along the train to cut out an appropriate section. I closed the angle cocks okay but when I uncoupled the whole formation just vanished before my eyes - the "new" locos and train I had created out of the rear portion and the remaining section of the relinquished original train.

The only possible explanation I can think of is if the brakes on the front of the original train eased up and resulting in it contacting the new portion and registering a collision, but normally it would just give you a knucklehead error and you would have to go through the train repairing knuckles and recoupling.

Looks like I found a bug.
    Vern.

Vern what does the Run8 log say. and send that log along to John to see.
    Work Safe play hard

Shows "Corrupt Train Removed due to Telescoping-Cars" so it looks like some sort of physics aberration has occurred.
    Vern.

Had you saved it before this happened?
    If so, would be interesting to see if it recurs.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Having also discussed this at The Depot it looks as if the front portion of the original train "eased" it's couplers on the falling grade and expanded before I could set the handbrakes, thus causing it to sideways swipe the rear portion where I had detached this.

I'm going to load the save now but will attempt a more conventional move, i.e. split the train before I reach the balloon tracks.
    Vern.