Thread: Activity Randomization

Default Activity Randomization

Just a short note to say kudos to whoever thought of adding the randomization factor to OR. I've been using the random weather for a while and have just started today using activity randomization too. It really adds to the realism!
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Activity randomization? That's a new one for me. Where can I learn more about it? Is it available in the Monogame version?

Rich K
    See my pix at RailPictures.net
    Visit my web site The Railfan Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_K View Post
    Activity randomization? That's a new one for me. Where can I learn more about it? Is it available in the Monogame version?
    Rich,

Both of these features are available on the experimental tab under options.

Fred

Thanks. I never noticed those features on the experimental tab.

Rich K
    See my pix at RailPictures.net
    Visit my web site The Railfan Gallery

I tried Activity Randomization last night for the first time on Cajon 4.2. I used an activity from the Cajon 4.2 activity pack (Mojave to West Colton manifest). I set randomization to "3" and a couple miles outside of Mojave running restricted I came across an AI train in my path heading my direction. I turned off activity randomization and restarted the activity and found the AI train in the siding a little further down the track where he was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    I tried Activity Randomization last night for the first time on Cajon 4.2. I used an activity from the Cajon 4.2 activity pack (Mojave to West Colton manifest). I set randomization to "3" and a couple miles outside of Mojave running restricted I came across an AI train in my path heading my direction. I turned off activity randomization and restarted the activity and found the AI train in the siding a little further down the track where he was supposed to be.
    Well I'd say that you had a random cornfield meet!!!! Brian

Quote Originally Posted by motormaster532 View Post
    Well I'd say that you had a random cornfield meet!!!! Brian
    Yes we did, my engineer had a death wish because he grabbed a couple more notches when he saw it

I've only tried randomization on "1" and "2" settings so far and have only experienced hotboxes. After your experience spoony I don't think I'll try "3" ! lol
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    I've only tried randomization on "1" and "2" settings so far and have only experienced hotboxes. After your experience spoony I don't think I'll try "3" ! lol
    I’ll give “1” a shot and see what happens.

Activity randomization randomizes also, within certain limits, the timing of the AI trains, and these limits are wider with higher activity randomization levels. If the activity is well behaved (AI trains having a reasonably long path before the meet with the player train) in general no problems should arise, and maybe a meet would take place in another siding; if the AI trains have very short paths the AI train could pop up in an undesired moment.