Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: track sounds

Default track sounds

HI Folks. What in your opinion is a good set of sounds and where can I find them. Greg

Not sure what you're specifically asking for...so here's some choices
    1. Modern Track Sounds modtrkv2.zip --- in TS library for use in routes.
    2. Freight Car Sound Package at Tiger Trains "Member Downloads" area contains excellent freight car sounds for welded rail.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks for the reply. Modern sounds are not much better than MLT welded rail. I should have expressed my self a little better. I was thinking along the lines of short rail sound like klicky clack. Is there anything like that out there?. Greg

Clickity clack track sounds do exist. I think there is a caboose that has clickity clack track sounds in it? Probably Erick Cantu? There are the Milwaukee track sounds. I recall something about a no longer available payware set . . . something waves (I want to say "Freight Waves" but that is an industry publication a friend writes for).

I know they exist, but I can't remember enough to tell you just what they are.

I would go through the sounds section in the file library . . . do a search, limit it to sounds but nothing else and just browse. You'll find all sorts of things in there.

Christopher

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Try UK Trainsim

Hi Christopher,
    The product you're trying to remember is Railwaves Enhanced Track Audio sounds. They were payware, but no longer available. However, all is not lost - they are included in the West Somerset Railway MSTS add-on from JustTrains. It all depends on whether you consider £16 worth paying for a sound pack! NOTE : JustTrains also offer a Train Simulator 2021 version of the WSR - the RailWaves sounds are NOT included in that one!

Cheers,
    Ged

There's a file here in the library, Oldentrack, that may be what you're looking for.

Randy

Edit to add clickity-clack over at ET. You add it to an engines .eng/.sms file. Sounds good.
    Last edited by rdayt; 02-25-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    There's a file here in the library, Oldentrack, that may be what you're looking for.

Randy

Edit to add clickity-clack over at ET. You add it to an engines .eng/.sms file. Sounds good.
    The clickety clack sounds from ET are for wagons, but perhaps with some small modification to the sms can be used for general track as well

Other than that, I have not found any good track specific jointed rail sounds tbh. Olden rail while an improvement is not much diff from the default track sounds. Not sure about any payware material though

If I recall correctly, a route set in Argentina called Ferrocaril General Roca, found at Trensim.com, came with some very interesting track sounds.

I'd suggest using the more subdued NAVS track sounds, and directing your sound focus to the rolling stock.

Most track sounds tend to focus on stuff that should really been concentrated on the rolling stock. (MLT/SLI's sounds come to mind.)

These days, I just use the NAVS track sounds, and improve my rolling stock instead.'

But to each their own.
    Last edited by SD40-2; 02-26-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.