Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Out of my comfort zone - laying tracks.

For the guardrail caps, use SR_1tBrg_w_005mEnd.s

C = Concrete, W = wood, Y = yard (dirtier ties with more gravel on the ties) but there's also a shape difference -- the C's have a gully in the center of the ties like you see on concrete ties, so depending on what you do with underlying berms/terrain, there might be be a noticeable difference on the ties.

The nice part of Scalerail is being able to mix textures. On one of my mixed CNW-MILW routes, I use "C" tracks for the MILW with a gravel/cinder type ballast and MILW switchstands side by side with "W" tracks using Pink Lady ballast and CNW style target stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    For red or blue orphan poles I use the TSRE Hack;
    Set cursor to 'stick to all'; Snap a small track section to the orphan poles; Press Z; ( In crowded area set snap to distance smaller )
    Select track section; Hack: Remove vector; Delete track section; Save.
    I couldn't get the red poles to snap - it was a pole without any TDB lines yet appeared as three "Pin 0" errors in the ORTS logs.

What I wound up doing was hand changing the vector details to teleport them them to a unoccupied tile in my route, created W file entries using the XYZ from the vector, and then they became selectable and could be deleted.... Took about ten minutes to zap a dozen red poles but totally worth to get those errors out of the ORTS logs.

Bridge guardrail ends,
    RailEnds.JPG
    These are wpgrendrev.s and wpgrend.s
    There's a right and left or top and bottom, don't know why there are two.
    Not sure where they came from (WP3?), found them in my shapes folder.

Randy

Edit: Yeah, they're from the WP3. They are also included in the GMO-IC-CN, if you happened to download that route during it's brief stint here in the library.

Hi Folks,

Thanks guys - all set in the guard rails - bridges look WAY better now.

For anyone familiar with Rich's LHR - I've laid tracks from Hudson Yard in Phillipsburg PA (still needs track work) which is about 5 miles south of Martins Creek where Rich stopped - back to Martin's Creek. It's funny - after laying the LNE track on the west side of the Delaware for the cement plant - I found myself climbing the 2.5% grade halfway to Bath on the LNE before stopping - when the tiles have the vector maps printed on them it's hard to stop - LOL. I'm also testing continually to insure all the track work is VERY smooth - without bumps or jerks - all small incremental .25% grade changes - this isn't going to be Marias.

I'm using the Light Grey Ballast Wood Ties texture - and the "c" track sure looks like wood. I haven't noticed the dip. I'll look more closely - maybe I'll have to change them.

While I loaded the Scale Roads pack the same way I did all the others - the shapes don't have any textures - I don't think there is a separate texture pack for roads - is there ?

Appreciate all the interest and help.

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 03-03-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Scott,

The textures for ScaleRoads should be the ScaleRails textures folder in your global folder.
    Need to copy them to your route's textures folder, same as you did with the track textures.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Scott,

The textures for ScaleRoads should be the ScaleRails textures folder in your global folder.
    Need to copy them to your route's textures folder, same as you did with the track textures.

Randy
    Hi Randy,

I must have installed them differently - I didn't copy any textures. Works like a champ now - thanks.

Regards,
    Scott

Do you have the "ERU" shapes? I don't think they're part of the standard download.

ERU stands for end round up. They're the exact length for 03d and 06d END shapes to round up their length to an integer value. IOW if the 06d END is, oh, let's say 6.251346574356887d long, the ERU length is exactly the amount to get you to 10.0d. This can make a huge difference with stuff like Wyes. Ditto for the 03d.

I have these if you don't.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Quote Originally Posted by muskokaandtahoe View Post
    Do you have the "ERU" shapes? I don't think they're part of the standard download.

ERU stands for end round up. They're the exact length for 03d and 06d END shapes to round up their length to an integer value. IOW if the 06d END is, oh, let's say 6.251346574356887d long, the ERU length is exactly the amount to get you to 10.0d. This can make a huge difference with stuff like Wyes. Ditto for the 03d.

I have these if you don't.
    Hi Dave,

I just have the standard Scale Rail packages - I'll gladly accept anything you care to share - I still have MUCH to learn (to the point I don't even know what I'll need).

Regards,
    Scott

The ERUs should be part of the standard install.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    The ERUs should be part of the standard install.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Eric.