Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Out of my comfort zone - laying tracks.

  1. #31

    Default

    Let me know if you ever get red orphan poles. I wound up with a dozen or so. The hack won't work for those... removing them is pretty straight forward with a little TDB surgery....

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

  2. #32

    Default

    For red or blue orphan poles I use the TSRE Hack;
    Set cursor to 'stick to all'; Snap a small track section to the orphan poles; Press Z; ( In crowded area set snap to distance smaller )
    Select track section; Hack: Remove vector; Delete track section; Save.

    regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

    On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, USA.
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Hi Folks,

    Another Scale Rail question: What's the difference between the "c" and "w" tracks - is it simply the "c" has the dirty texture. So I should be using the "w" for the mainline and the "c" for sidings ? Is there a smooth transition track or do we simply butt one against the other ? It seems the "yard" track spacing only comes in the "c" texture.

    As a general practice - I would guess most yards should attempt to be flat (the LHR has relatively small yards) - but looking at some terrain I'm traversing - it seems the yard would have to be on a grade - is that unusual - thoughts ?

    Regards,
    Scott

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    That's supposed to be the style of ties, _c being concrete ties. Most of the sets I've seen, though, just have that odd texture on what looks like wooden ties

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, USA.
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    That's supposed to be the style of ties, _c being concrete ties. Most of the sets I've seen, though, just have that odd texture on what looks like wooden ties
    Thanks Eric - hah - more confusion in the mix. Yeah - I started a new flat route just to experiment with the track shapes - man - there are so many and without some reference guide - it's pretty difficult for the uninitiated to figure this stuff out. There are like a couple dozen #6 switches with various abbreviations - multiple curve sets labeled A, B, C, D, E, F... I looked at a couple "Scale Rail" routes I have but the nomenclature on the track is completely different which negates its use as an example...

    I noticed the cool wooden bridge tracks that have guard rails - are there any end caps to close the guard rails as typically done in real life ?

    LOL - don't feel like you need to answer everything - I don't want to be a pest.


    Regards,
    Scott

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tujunga Calif (Senile City)
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    Hi Scott,
    Looking at one of my scale rail routes there are different wood tie pieces. Ones for mainline and ones for yards. The yard tracks have a different colored ballast and the rails are rusted. I'm not sure what you are referring to as end caps on the guard rails? Does this look like them in the picture? How to figure out all the different track pieces is beyond me

    WP a.JPG
    WP b.JPG
    Jim

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Thanks Eric - hah - more confusion in the mix. Yeah - I started a new flat route just to experiment with the track shapes - man - there are so many and without some reference guide - it's pretty difficult for the uninitiated to figure this stuff out. There are like a couple dozen #6 switches with various abbreviations - multiple curve sets labeled A, B, C, D, E, F... I looked at a couple "Scale Rail" routes I have but the nomenclature on the track is completely different which negates its use as an example...

    I noticed the cool wooden bridge tracks that have guard rails - are there any end caps to close the guard rails as typically done in real life ?

    LOL - don't feel like you need to answer everything - I don't want to be a pest.


    Regards,
    Scott
    I don't use ScaleRail in most of my projects, but there should be a set of bridge tracks with normal ties and ballast. In that set is a 5m piece with guard rail ends.
    Regards,

    Eric..?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, USA.
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    Hi Scott,
    Looking at one of my scale rail routes there are different wood tie pieces. Ones for mainline and ones for yards. The yard tracks have a different colored ballast and the rails are rusted. I'm not sure what you are referring to as end caps on the guard rails? Does this look like them in the picture? How to figure out all the different track pieces is beyond me
    Hi Jim,

    Hah - didn't think to look at the Feather River.

    Thanks - yeah - the track pack from Mark for developers seems to be a little different - I haven't noticed any rusty rail textured tracks - yet.

    And yep - you nailed the guard rail issue - we have the bridge track posted in your image - and apparently there is an end cap to the guard rails that goes with it - as you have a short piece pictured after the bridge track closing the guard rails - back to the track library to look for it.

    Gracias amigo.

    Regards,
    Scott

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York, USA.
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    I don't use ScaleRail in most of my projects, but there should be a set of bridge tracks with normal ties and ballast. In that set is a 5m piece with guard rail ends.
    Regards,

    Eric..?
    Hi Eric,

    Hah - good clue - off to look for it - thanks as always...


    Regards,
    Scott

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tujunga Calif (Senile City)
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    The best I remember the WP route includes some shapes that aren't in the developers version.
    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->