Thread: Good sites for locomotives

Default Good sites for locomotives

Excuse me I'm trying to find ATSF locomotives, and it was orignally at http://www.streamlines.ca/ the site might be dead. So is there a way to find it in another site. thanks

Streamlines has changed their name to https://www.trainsimulations.net/
    You may find the loco there.
    Otherwise the file library here is the best of all for freeware rolling stock.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Streamlines has changed their name to https://www.trainsimulations.net/
    You may find the loco there.
    Otherwise the file library here is the best of all for freeware rolling stock.
    Well I tried to find The ATSF SD40-2 from Danny Beck but I couldn't find it

Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo2006 View Post
    Well I tried to find The ATSF SD40-2 from Danny Beck but I couldn't find it
    Many of the early Streamlines (AKA 'TrainSimulations') models have been retired/are no longer available, while some others have been bundled into various locomotive & trainset 'packs' on the TrainSimulations website.

However, a large percentage of the Beck models are now available in the file library here at TrainSim.com, you just need to do a library search with "Beck" as one of your keywords. Note that most of the (now freeware) Beck content downloads include only the shape and texture files; you will need to create your own ENG files to go with the shapes & textures and thus have a compete working model, but you can likely copy an existing ENG file from another similar locomotive to get started.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by trs666 View Post
    Many of the early Streamlines (AKA 'TrainSimulations') models have been retired/are no longer available, while some others have been bundled into various locomotive & trainset 'packs' on the TrainSimulations website.

However, a large percentage of the Beck models are now available in the file library here at TrainSim.com, you just need to do a library search with "Beck" as one of your keywords. Note that most of the (now freeware) Beck content downloads include only the shape and texture files; you will need to create your own ENG files to go with the shapes & textures and thus have a compete working model, but you can likely copy an existing ENG file from another similar locomotive to get started.

Good luck.
    I'm pretty sure I found a site and they were in there months ago and I can't remember the name.

Perhaps Digital Rails site is the one you are thinking about? I wouldn't go there though, for me its an un-secured site. I'm happy buying products from TS and Ed Sketcher at Eds Trains Online. Fair value engines for your routes
    Rory

No I wasn't thinking of that it some other safe site from open rails