Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which European- Route should I start with

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Any of the Making Tracks UK routes.They are all good.(If you can find them on ebay or Amazon)
    Thank you sir, will look for them.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfloyd View Post
    You can go to https://or.trainsim.pl/ Lots of Polish equipment and routes.

I don`t know about any of the other browsers but Google Chrome has a translate function which makes going to any of the non English speaking sites a lot easier.

Mark
    My Hungarian translations have been getting a work out. Thank goodness for Google Translate. In this new world speaking and understanding one language is certainly an impediment.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Brexit notwithstanding, I guess we can still call the UK part of Europe My personal favorite is Mid East Plus (once I realized it was set in the UK and not Saudi Arabia ) although I found it somewhat of a bear to install as I use Open Rails and it was designed for MSTS.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    Brexit notwithstanding, I guess we can still call the UK part of Europe My personal favorite is Mid East Plus (once I realized it was set in the UK and not Saudi Arabia ) although I found it somewhat of a bear to install as I use Open Rails and it was designed for MSTS.

Jon
    I installed it as instructed on my desktop --- deleted the "e" and "n" raw files from the TILES folder ( 1 gig of unnecessary files for OR ) and am going to just transfer the four main folders OR requires ( global, sound, routes, & trains ) to an install on my laptop -- see what happens...

What problems did you encounter?
    Cheers, Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post

Jon
    I can see the problem --- all the act, pat, srv, trf, and con files were named "off" to accommodate the "activity loader" they employed. So nothing shows up in OR. It was a simple matter to use https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ to rename the files to their correct file extension name. Took a couple of minutes. After that, everything appears.

Loaded a couple of different activities and there is surprisingly few warnings in the OR log. Some sound stream numbers issues ( normal in msts )
    some
    Information: Some NumPositions entries refer to non-exisiting frames, trying to renumber in C:\ORTS\UK_Profiles\trains\trainset\MEP-56001-BR\CABVIEW\class56C.cvf:line 184
    which refer to this section in the cvf files:
    Code:
    NumFrames ( 8 4 2 )
    			NumPositions ( 5 0 1 6 7 8 )
    			NumValues ( 5 0 0.3 0.85 0.9 0.95 )
    Change to this and that is corrected:
    Code:
    NumFrames ( 8 4 2 )
    			NumPositions ( 8 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 )
    			NumValues ( 8 0 0.3 0.85 0.9 0.95 )
    also some "invalid crossovers" and "track node invalid links" -- also quite normal in many msts routes...they never seem to present any problems I'm aware of...don't know how to fix them anyway...waaayyy beyond my skill set.

GREAT looking route!!

Kinda stuck on the Hungarian Alfold 7...looking for quite a few missing sounds for the engine files. Haven't yet figured out how to register on the forum.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-02-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry

Yes that was my main problem, having to rename all the .act, .srv, etc. files. I ended up writing a little command line script to do it. I think I might have also needed to copy textures and shapes from the original 6 MSTS routes, a very common requirement of older routes.

I had similar problems with Scottish Central Plus, another good UK route. If you have ever wanted to run an A4 class Pacific (holder of the world speed record for steam) over the Firth of Forth Bridge this would be your route. Worth it just to see the model of the Forth Bridge.

Jon