Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RF&P Richmond-Washington (RFP3)

Default RF&P Richmond-Washington (RFP3)

RFP3, February 2021
    Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac route for MSTS & OR
    The CSX RF&P line from Richmond to Washington, plus a little Norfolk Southern track and about 13 miles of Metro. The new version is the 2005 RFP2 route extended and improved, with most track in the northern half relaid and some new structures.
    Download size: 203 MB
    Size on disk: 370 MB
    A representation of real rail lines, with both freight and passenger operations, set in 2002
    Approximately 104 miles of mainline, the 9-mile Dahlgren branch, and 3 or 4 miles of Norfolk Southern, plus Metro; also industrial spurs to Ruffin's Pond and the Bowman Center
    Lots of sidings, a reduced version of Acca Yard, the VRE Crossroads yard, the Metro shops in Alexandria, and a few small yards
    Nearly all double track, 100% completed scenery, with a fairly high level of trackside detail
    15 activities packaged with route
    A list of required trains to be downloaded is included in the route Zip file
    Requires Newroads, X-tracks, and probably Bin
    Freeware
    It's been tested in both Microsoft Train Simulator and Open Rails.
    By Steve Dunham, Alexandria, Virginia, [email protected]
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Thanks Steve,

Will be starting a new Activity Generator Template project. Thanks for your work and updates, much appreciated.

Denis

G'day Steve, downloaded and will install in the next few days, sounds great.
    Regards
    Barrie

Will Bob Pickerings old activities still work with it?

Thank you for your work and all the nice updates to this fine route, it is much appreciated.
    Downloaded - Installed - and Enjoying!

Just downloaded it. Looks to be an interesting route.

I did have to make some tweaks to the consist files as some of the names didn't match the trainsets, in particular the Amtrak autorack names. Also CSX_COAL_2 needed to be CSX_Hoppers - I ended up changing the trainset directory as that was easier than changing all the consist entries.

Jon

Downloaded yesterday, modified the activity for VRE 308 to use VRE MP35 and VRE Gallery cars from library. Enjoyed the level of detail on this route. Thanks Steve for all your work on this route.

While on the subject of RFP3, going through the Shape Files, one does not show up RFP_tower.s it does not show in Shape Viewer. The RFPHQ-Acca building does. Are they adjacent to each other?

BTW, Great route and I am enjoying it! Great job!

As to whether old activities will work: probably not. I relaid all the track except the Metro shops, I think. Even if the configuration is the same, I probably disrupted the paths.

Does the RFP tower not show in your simulation? I didn't test anything in Shapeviewer. I made structures in Sketchup and exported them as Train Simulator shapes and placed them in the route. They showed up OK for me …
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Hi Steve & Don,
    I'm sure the problem of the RFP_Tower shower not showing in Shape Viewer has been raised elsewhere!
    The problem is the dkred.ace file. it is 8 x 8 which cannot be read; changing it to 16 x 16 solves the problem. I believe another member had copied the black.ace file coloured it red. Alternatively, attached is my 'enlarged' dkred,ace file. I Hope Steve doesn't mind!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Attached Files Attached Files