Thread: Train 67 path in RFP3

Default Train 67 path in RFP3

Some people got an error in MSTS_ActMan v3.6:

Activity : AmtkAutoTrainN
    ---------------------------
    Missing Path File : DC-Richmond_trk3.pat
    Service File : Amtk67S.srv
    Line Number : 7 - PathID ( DC-Richmond_trk3 )
    Open Rails could not find the file DC-Richmond_trk3.PAT.
    Warning: Invalid path … AI train : Amtk 67 S ; train not started

A couple of people, but only a couple, reported this error in beta testing. Train 67 does not use this path, so I never figured out what was causing the error. I didn't get the error myself. Maybe some versions of software are convinced that Train 67 does need the path.

Two suggestions:

Can you check the activity to make sure that on your computer it is calling for the real path it uses, UnionSta-Richmond_trk3.pat?

Can you just delete that piece of traffic and say that 67 was delayed north of Washington?
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Hi Steve,
    With respect, if my MSTS_ActMan AND Open Rails reports that a path doesn't exist, I suggest there is a problem with the activity!

In the Activity folder, there are AmtkAutoTrainN.act and AmtkAutoTrainN.asv files. The latter file is not read by MSTS_ActMan or Open Rails and I suggest that is where the problem lies. MSTS will read the .asv file in preference to the same-named .act file. .asv files are compiled versions of the whole activity, but are not necessary in these days when PCs are much more powerful than they were in 2001!!

A simple edit could be made to the Amtk67S.srv service file 'Path' line to solve this problem.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Steve,
    CORRECTION - Apologies, I got it wrong
    The path called by Service AMTK67S.srv is DC-Richmond_trk3.pat. In the PATHS folder is DC-Richmond-trk3.pat, which is identical to DCfrt-Richmond-trk3.pat, even to its internal name. Therefore, it's only necessary to amend the Path entry in the Service file, replacing DC-Richmond_trk3 with DCfrt-Richmond-trk3.

Also, the required stock list is missing htbaga31.zip and a couple of the other specified items require folder name changes.

Cheers,
    Ged

Default Train 67 service repaired (I think)

Apology accepted, as Darth Vader said. ;-)

The asv file had the same date and time as the act file. I couldn't figure out how to open the asv file to check it.

I had checked the service file in MSTS activity editor, which said the service used UnionSta-Richmond_trk3.pat. However, when I opened the srv file with Notepad to edit it, the path line was wrong! How can this be? On days like this I want to retire from train-simming. But I already gave away all my N-scale stuff. I could just sit on the porch in a rocking chair if we had a porch and a rocking chair.

Well, anyway, I edited the service file but couldn't upload it here. I changed it to a text file. I think that changing the file name extension from txt back to srv will work. Placing this new srv file in the route's services file and overwriting the Amtk67S.srv file already in there would do the job. Yes?

I could upload a revised equipment list with the baggage car. What folder name changes are needed? I thought I tested all the downloads to make sure they worked right in the trainsets folder, though I may have missed something.

Thank you for your help.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

Hi Steve,
    MSTS_ActMan report is attached.

Consist Amtk_Auto-Train specifies AMTK_AT_AutorackF/AMTK_atraincar1full.wag
    This requires an additional download - amtkauto.zip

csxcoal2.zip specifies folder Coal_CSX_2
    Consist CSX-2B40s+20coal-hoppers.con specifies folder CSX_hoppers (used in 3 activities)

Additional download gen_pak1.zip required for the P42 cabview, etc.

The file name of the path called by the revised AMTK67S service file, UnionSta-Richmond_trk3.pat, doesn't match the name in TrPathName, although it doesn't seem to affect its use in MSTS or Open Rails.

Cheers,
    Ged
    RFP3-report2.txt

I also found that in order to get everything to run without errors I needed to add trainsets ACELA, DASH9, and GP38 as well as common.snd from the default MSTS trainsets.

Jon

Thank you, Ged and Jon. I hope you will be available for testing in a few years. I'm just starting to extend the Blue Comet Lines.

About the rolling stock folders: I tried to make sure that all the rolling stock I used came with named folders. I believe I used only fresh downloads to build the consists. Where did I go wrong?
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA