Thread: Mullan Signal Problem in HorsepowerHours Activity

Default Mullan Signal Problem in HorsepowerHours Activity

I'm getting red signals in the activity, Track Monitor shows green, Dispatch ( now Map ) Window shows green, sigcfg.dat file in OpenRails folder -- all signalnumclearahead are 5 ( there were some 1 and 2, but changing them to 5 did not help )---I'm stuck...any help out there?bandicam 2021-03-03 21-19-49-066.jpg

This error warning in log:
    Warning: Error reading signal script - C:\ORTS\TrainSimulations Content\ROUTES\Mullan\OpenRails\sigscr.dat : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Orts.Formats.Msts.Signalling.BlockBase.CompleteBlo ck() in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Sourc e\Orts.Formats.Msts\Signalling\Tokens.cs:line 185
    at Orts.Formats.Msts.Signalling.Parser.<GetEnumerator >d__5.MoveNext() in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Sourc e\Orts.Formats.Msts\Signalling\Parser.cs:line 57
    at Orts.Formats.Msts.SignalScripts..ctor(String routePath, IList`1 scriptFiles, IDictionary`2 signalTypes, IList`1 orSignalTypes, IList`1 orNormalSubtypes) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Sourc e\Orts.Formats.Msts\SignalScripts.cs:line 248
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Does tab clear the signal?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trainmanaustin View Post
    Does tab clear the signal?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    No
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I had no problems running this activity.

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray84 View Post
    I had no problems running this activity.
    Me neither except for that specific set of signals before the first meet took place...beginning of activity, after that all signals operated correctly.
    I'm using MG Rev91, what version of OR did you use to run the activity?

I just ran it again using the last Stable version 1314328 and signals operate correctly, so now I gotta track down what version/changes brought about the problem...that's for tomorrow. If anybody else finds it first, please post version here so I can reference it when I make a bug report. If the signals worked once, no reason for them to not work now.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-04-2021 at 02:17 AM.
    Cheers, Gerry

I am using rev.90. But i remember running this one on earlier Rev. versions and had no problems.
    From the top of my head im thinking that option in Open Rails "Location-linked passing path processing". Does this make any difference?

I ran this a while ago with no problems. I was probably on Rev 89 or 90 then. Currently on 92. When restarting after a save I always switch to manual momentarily, as I sometimes find the signals need clearing. I don't have location linked ticked.
    Last edited by niknak; 03-04-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    I ran this a while ago with no problems. I was probably on Rev 89 or 90 then. Currently on 92. When restarting after a save I always switch to manual momentarily, as I sometimes find the signals need clearing. I don't have location linked ticked.
    Yep, do that sometimes also, however, in this case no change. So far the unstable versions do not display this fault. Going to download the latest unstable version this morning and give it another go. Perhaps, it would be a good idea to try MG92.

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray84 View Post
    I am using rev.90. But i remember running this one on earlier Rev. versions and had no problems.
    From the top of my head im thinking that option in Open Rails "Location-linked passing path processing". Does this make any difference?
    I doubt if location linked path processing has much to do with it...I always have it checked by default...it's a better way to go. If I run into trouble I rework the outdated msts activity to conform to OR standards.
    Cheers, Gerry

Found it...MG Rev91 has a problem, all the unstable work fine, Rev92 does not have the problem, signals display correctly. I get so used to OR being dependable and robust that sometimes I forget it's still a work in development ... compared to what it was in 2013...we are now light years from those days.
    Cheers, Gerry