Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Diesels West BNSF ES44C4

Quote Originally Posted by bigmak1313 View Post
    I just purchase DW new NS ES44ac set a couple of weeks ago......awesome
    Agreed.

Scott is still making models but this is just a sideline for him - more of a hobby, shall we say. He only works on them in his spare time and by no means does he intend to make a living designing locomotives. His products are among some of the finest on the market and every detail is researched to insure 100% accuracy. Yeah, I am a member. Over the years I've probably bought over $1000 worth of Scott's products and not only do I consider him to be an honest, trustworthy person, but a friend as well.

One thing I will say is that he will not tolerate dishonesty. He has suffered a great deal of problems in the past with cheating and is ultra cautious about being burned in the future. Even the slightest hint of impropriety will result in you being banned. Because, like I said, he doesn't need your business. He has a full time job unrelated to this hobby.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, MI
    (CSX Country)

Didn't know he still made models, I bought alot of scott's models back when in my MSTS days (2004-2008 ish) approx $120-$150 worth (for me thats quite alot) but worth it ,its just a hobby I understand,its only a game....
    Frisco Forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by phydeaux View Post
    Scott is still making models but this is just a sideline for him - more of a hobby, shall we say. He only works on them in his spare time and by no means does he intend to make a living designing locomotives. His products are among some of the finest on the market and every detail is researched to insure 100% accuracy. Yeah, I am a member. Over the years I've probably bought over $1000 worth of Scott's products and not only do I consider him to be an honest, trustworthy person, but a friend as well.

One thing I will say is that he will not tolerate dishonesty. He has suffered a great deal of problems in the past with cheating and is ultra cautious about being burned in the future. Even the slightest hint of impropriety will result in you being banned. Because, like I said, he doesn't need your business. He has a full time job unrelated to this hobby.
    Which is an unfortunate thing to know, considering I never did a thing against him, and I'm one that is no longer able to purchase any of his stock. Oh well. At least some of the folks can still enjoy his fantastic work.
    Last purchase I got was the BNSF ES44C4 package. Unfortunately I am not able to get the files I purchased before back due to whatever happened to put me on his "naughty" list, but at least some of the items I managed to get off my old pc before it was completely toast.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

I feel your pain. I was one of those who supported him too and would've continued to had this not happened. I've read here that in order to become a member you have to purchase the 4 SP Colton Packs. Guess there won't be any more members coming in to the club as the SP packs are no longer offered for sale on the Archive page (checked today).
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

If anybody is still interested in DW's BNSF ES44's check it in the archives page...Your welcome! 😁
    Frisco Forever!!

They're a great set - highly recommended!

Wow, they're back up on the site for purchase! (As of 3/24, that is) I was just having a discussion with friends how much of a bummer it is that all of his really nice looking content is locked behind an iron curtain of a passworded forum, with the BNSF ES44C4s coming up specifically in the conversation of stuff he's made. I really hope he puts out his NS ES44ACs as well one day, those really caught my eye from the scrolling banner images on the landing page of the site.

Got'em, Awesome set, sounds are amazing! like the GE chug, Ear candy!!!
    Frisco Forever!!

Good to see the BNSF and CSX ES44s are back online for purchase. I don't see the UP version available. That was the first ES44. Then came the BNSF with the 53ft Gunderson's as a pack. Scott then brought in the CSX ES44AH with their own 53ft Gunderson's. It was a good time for MSTS/OpenRails. I never saw the NS ES44AC for sale, just a project. I would definitely buy them. I am a big NS fan.

The game still has interest. Hope Scott sees that, and it continues to inspire him. It would be phenomenal if he created an ET44.