Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel Legends of the Great Western

No great loss Bruce, prefer my trucks in ETS2.

Doesn't cost me an arm and a leg, to keep up to date with addons either.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Back to the GWE add on, appears this will be sold for £14.99 and there are howls of protest on just about every forum I've seen the matter discussed. Obviously some work has gone into producing the timetable but that doesn't excuse the fact they are reusing existing assets.
    There is a thread on the forums saying DTG stated the sales success (or not) of this pack will determine how likely further packs to add "gameplay" (timetables, drivable trains) to existing routes will be.

Given the nature of what's being presented here, it almost sounds like it was set up for failure. A very lazy, overpriced pack so they can then point at it and say "we tried releasing one, you didn't buy it, we are going back to doing things our way".

If true that's definitely a low tactic - especially as in the absence of a proper editor we're reliant on them to set up new complex timetables.

Mind until the save/load game works properly, you can't guarantee being able to continue a timetable run anyway.
    Vern.

This really is a crock of s**t add on. Just noticed apart from the Western class, it includes the 08 & 101 dmu.

Since when in any shape or form are those two classes, legends of the WR.

Particularly on the Paddington - Reading section.

They are only legends in DTG's eyes because they both already existed as DLC and minimum work was required to re-release them.

Even the Western existed in maroon livery, on the WSR fiasco.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd