Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the locomotives are not displayig on the TSRE ?

Default Why the locomotives are not displayig on the TSRE ?

Hello guys. Someone could please help me to solve this issue. I downloaded some locomotives from the library (BNSF SD75i 8298 - 8301) and (BNSF C44-9W 4579), I know I must have the shape files and I have for both of the them, because others locomotives also from the library requested same or similar ones and worked well. I attached few photos, thank you

I don't have this engine, but you may have to uncompress the .s file and change the names of the ace files.
    What does the readme say?

These engines require shape files from SLI, you don't have them in these folders.
    Read the readme.
    Cheers
    Derek

If the shape file do this alone without any edits, you might have to check the shape, if it reads correct ace files.

So you have to uncopress shape file, open it with text editor, check if the text of the ace files match in your dir of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    I don't have this engine, but you may have to uncompress the .s file and change the names of the ace files.
    What does the readme say?
    The readme for the BNSF SD75i 8298

''You will need the SLI ATSF SuperFleet Engine Pack for the shape file.

from the ATSF SuperFleet Engine Pack SLI.SUPERFLEET folder copy the SF_SD75M_242.s shape file and paste it into the folder created when unzipping this download ie: BNSF_SD75i_8298, rename the shape file to read BNSF_SD75i_8298.s.''

And the readme from the BNSF SD75M 8210 (that I also donwloaded with the previous one and this worked)

''Requirements:

SLI Superfleet set

Installation:

Just copy the folder SLI.BNSF-SD75M into the trainset folder. You need the following files:

1: SF_SD75M_242.s --> rename into BNSF_SD75M_242.s
    2: SD70M-windows.ace
    3: SD70M-interior.ace
    4: Cabview
    5: Sound''

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    These engines require shape files from SLI, you don't have them in these folders.
    Read the readme.
    I do have then Derek, and even rename to read it how it ask on readme, but something still wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray84 View Post
    If the shape file do this alone without any edits, you might have to check the shape, if it reads correct ace files.

So you have to uncopress shape file, open it with text editor, check if the text of the ace files match in your dir of the engine.
    I have the SFM, just have to remember now how to use, last time was a while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kist View Post
    I have the SFM, just have to remember now how to use, last time was a while ago
    For this chore using Archibald would be easier. You can find it here >>> https://msts.steam4me.net/utilities/index.html#tkutils

see screenshot bandicam 2021-03-06 07-49-02-636.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Kist,
    I have just downloaded the BNSF 8298/8301 file and successfully got them to load and display in the TSRE5 Consist Editor. The screenshots in your initial post show only the Freight Animations shape files - I suspect that you haven't specified the correct 'root' folder, or you haven't copied the required shape file into each of the new loco's folders. Derek was right!!

Other than renaming the copied shape files, NOTHING else needs to be done!

It amazes me how some members take a guess at the cause of a problem, resulting in the questioner being sent down entirely the wrong path!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 03-06-2021 at 11:09 AM.

First of all, thank you all of you for your answers and help guys,

Now, I manage to install correct the SD75's

The only locomotive that I'm still trying to make it work is the BNSF C44-9W 4579