Thread: Unicode

Default Unicode

I have 3 train engine files , that need to be put into Unicode .How whould be my question.
    Thank's BigJohn

Hi John,

Easiest way - download and install Notepad++ file editor and open your file.

Notepad++:
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Under [Encoding] select [Encode in UCS-2 LE BOM] - - - the [Save] the file - it's now unicode.

Image1.jpg

Regards,
    Scott

Hi John and Scott,
    Easier still, use Win7/Win 10 NotePad - output as UTF-16 LE !!

Cheers,
    Ged

Ok guy's wordpad did not work but conbuilder did. One freightcar would not under all of the above .
    I also found many more with numbers in front of the top unicode wording ( first string top of file ).
    thank's for your help
    Big John

Glad it's working.

Wordpad and notepad are not the same thing.

I have in the past used routeritter for this as well. It has a conversion function that has fixed some problems I couldn't get past.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    Ok guy's wordpad did not work but conbuilder did. One freightcar would not under all of the above .
    I also found many more with numbers in front of the top unicode wording ( first string top of file ).
    thank's for your help
    Big John
    Which editor did you specify in ConBuilder's Options Menu? All CB does is open the file in the Editor you specified in Options> Select Editor and save the file.

FYI In ConBuilder's word menu choose Tests then choose Check for Non-Unicode files and it will check all your ENG and WAG files and produce a list of them if there are any. Then you can select the ones you want converted and then click the Convert button to convert them.
    Charles

Charles; that is what I did in conbuilder and yes I know the difference between Wordpad and notepad. Everything is fixed all but one file.
    that file is BNSF_lounge1\BNSFlounge1 should be BNSFlounge1 same as wagon file.
    a lot of work as everybody knows with MSTS over the years.
    Thank's all for your help
    BigJohn