Thread: Static Consists not showing

Default Static Consists not showing

Greetings:

Once again, I have been playing (ie: hacking) around with an activity on the Burton - Darby 1950's BritRail route.

I decided to add some static consists to fill out a few sidings and yards. In totto, I have added about 14, but there are so far
    THREE that do not appear when running the activity at two different locations. Other static consists that I have added do appear correctly.

I have checked the file names and folder locations, nothing is amiss as these consists appear correctly in the GOKU Consist Editor. as well as the GOKU TSRE5 activity / route editor where I placed them.

I have included screenshots of both locations showing how they are supposed to look in the Route Editor, as well as shots of what the
    player engineer sees in the activity. In second pair of shots the consist on the far left track was added by me and appears in both places as being correct.

I am at a loss why certain consits are not appearing in the activity???? Anyone able to help or think out what is wrong??? Is it a possibility the track I am putting them on will not accept a train at all???? Buit I've never run into that, even Statics will appear on non-connected tracks???

Thanks for your assistance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

If you are running Open Rails, the log file may help you, or us.
    Cheers
    Derek

Default static consists not showing

Derek:

I have the log, but Train Sim is telling me it's TOO LARGE to be uploaded to this message....80kb file exceeds their puny 19k size.

How do I get it to you???
    Doug

Here is the log as requested
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug

You will need to zip it.
    Like this.
    OpenRailsLog.zip

I see this Warning multiple times in your Log:
    Warning: Ignored missing wagon G:\MSTS_OR-1\Train Sim_BRITISH-D\trains\trainset\BR_HAA_hopper\HAA_Empty.wag in activity definition

Since the only wagons listed in an Activity Definition are wagons in loose consists, I expect this is the cause of them not appearing in OR.

Since viewing the Activity in TSRE-AE displays the missing empty Hoppers, does the file date of the ACT match the last time you edited the ACT? Have you tested the Loose Consist and the wagons in a consist editing/testing tool such as ConBuilder or Convoi?

Looking further in your log I see hundreds of errors that need fixing. Missing textures, missing sounds, axles incorrectly defined, missing cabviews and other errors.
    Charles

Charles:

Thank you veryy much for the explanation on some of the log.

I also started picking it apart....but I don't know about those things like: "Skipped unknown signal aspect ", "BrakeCutsPowerAtBrakePipePressure appears out of limits", "Incorrect track nodes" "axles incorrectly defined,"...........these thing I don't have any idea how to fix as they ultimately go to the one who designed and built the route or made the piece of rolling stock.

I have now looked at some of the equipment errors for a start, and did find a mis-match on some files (the HAA hoppers) as I had not used this min-route for some time and when I added some stock to some of the folders, I had changed around the file names or folder names, so this would cause it. Working on correcting it. OR is funny...you wont get the "annoying ding error bell" like MSTS....either it loads what you have or just doesn't.

I am not overly worried about missing cab or sound files, since a number of engines "dropped out of the sky" to fill in as static files in the original ACT file as replacements for the "wretched steam engines" or were designated at activity creation, since this one WAS designed for modern era.

I shall continue down the list to fix as much as I can, then see what happens

Thanks Charles
    Doug

...Looking further in your log I see hundreds of errors that need fixing...axles incorrectly defined,
    my emphasis

This log entry:
    Information: A virtual wheel axle was added for bogie 1 of G:\MSTS_OR-1\Train Sim_BRITISH-D\trains---etc
    is common in all the UK routes I've run.

This explanation from a thread at ET: http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...certain-route/
    Many UK 4 wheel wagons for MSTS were built with two single axle bogies for proper tracking round curves. Open Rails requires two axles per bogie so adds a virtual axle to each single axle bogie it finds.
    Quote Originally Posted by bootednancy View Post
    ...I am not overly worried about missing cab or sound files,
    You should attempt to fix all cabviews, sounds, and other problems...with so many log entries, especially with sound files, OR could choke.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-09-2021 at 02:12 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hello Gerry:

Thanks for tjhe explanation on the UK freight cars.

The more I kept reading the errors, the stranger I kept wondering.

Those freight cars are 2 axle....so how can it be missing one??? (of course as explained) and it's looking for bogie.ace....they don't HAVE bogies, I opened the shape file and no where does it call for any such file. A lot of other European railroad freight cars are also 2 axle, so I have yet to see this error text for them

Cab & Sound commands are SLOWLY being worked on, as especially from the UK-Sim downloads, EVERYBODY has their own twisted panties about sound & cab files. Me, I pick ones that I like and tie them together in the "Common" folders. Just added a bunch of additional engines for this activity, so haven't combed through all the files yet.

Thanks for your great help Gerry

Doug
    Doug

Ok, thanks for the help I got on this problem..............

Slowly we are making progress on trying to straighten out the hidden (re: less obvious) bugs in the files and without bashing the head
    against the wall, have gotten a couple of areas to yeild what I intended. Hadn't touched this mini-routes install in some time, so some of the stock had not been checked when I went back to it.
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug