Thread: Linking Switchstands

Default Linking Switchstands

Hello,

I am installing switch stands on my route. These are simple shunt type signals that require a link to the diverging route.

However, when I try to link to the diverging point of a switch which has another switch starting immediately fromthe diverging point (like in a compound ladder), TSRE does not allow me to select the diverging path. I can only link a path at the end of the compund ladder.

E.g. as below. I am trying to link the switch stand just to the diverging switch path of 342 where the cursor is, but TSRE does not allow me to do so. I can only select one of the paths from switch 370

switchlink.jpg

Try selecting the area where the 2 in 342 is in the image

Can't really tell from the picture, is there a short piece of track between the switch tail and the next switch?
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can't have two switches next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Try selecting the area where the 2 in 342 is in the image
    That worked like MAGIC! Thank you very much!

After posting this, I saw your post too in the Tips & Tricks thread, and tried selecting closer to the switch, that didnt work.But your suggestion here worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Can't really tell from the picture, is there a short piece of track between the switch tail and the next switch?
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can't have two switches next to each other.
    Thats the case of back to back switches.MSTS would blow up & RE never let you place them like so. In TSRE they can be placed so but I think OR too wont allow it to work.

The switches in this screenshot are where a new switch is directly connected the to the diverging line of an existing switch

Good to know.

Thankyou