Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinchfield - Mountain Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Did you change your name by deed pole, then Dave ?
    Mike, you Welsh rarebit......for a start, that line comes from Johnny Cash's hit from the early '60s, "A Boy Named Sue". You would have been at least 30 when that was in the charts.

Secondly, it's "poll", as in "poll Hereford" or, perhaps more commonly, as in carrying out a poll.
    It has nothing to do with Poland, the Polish or telephone and power poles.

Get back yo your leeks.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Preview from the route Link YouTube
    Looking good
    Last edited by jorgen3; 03-21-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Mike, you Welsh rarebit......for a start, that line comes from Johnny Cash's hit from the early '60s, "A Boy Named Sue". You would have been at least 30 when that was in the charts.

Secondly, it's "poll", as in "poll Hereford" or, perhaps more commonly, as in carrying out a poll.
    It has nothing to do with Poland, the Polish or telephone and power poles.

Get back yo your leeks.

Brucie you drongo, i know it is from a JC song. Incidentally which i cannot abide or any other country or country & western music.

I will give you pole or poll, fair play i did balls that up

I was actually paraphrasing Trigger from the greatest sitcom ever Only Fools And Horses. When i asked you about being Dave.

I do like a nice leek and potato soup, i must admit buddy.

But with my sweet tooth, my go to grub is welsh cakes.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen3 View Post
    Preview from the route Link YouTube
    Looking good
    Unlike Arosa which is getting a huge thumbs down at the official forums, based on the preview stream. Distant mountains that belong in an early 90's flight sim, squeaky clean textures on roads etc. and some weird sound effects from the rolling stock. Seems Rivet have dropped the ball a bit and there are even calls for release to be delayed until some of the issues can be addressed. Looking at what's been printed I have to agree, almost like seeing two different sims when you compare Arosa to Clinchfield.
    Vern.

Yes Arosa has really received bad reviews on terrain (far away) and trees. Not on trains. Still shall buy it.
    But in this route, I think most things look very good. Longest route in TSW with all lines. this can be a favorite route for me

......i cannot abide or any other country or country & western music.
    Neither can I, mate.
    To misquote from a "Blues Brothers" line...."We hate both types of music....country, and western"!

I was actually paraphrasing Trigger from the greatest sitcom ever Only Fools And Horses. When i asked you about being Dave.
    Sorry, Mike.....I didn't twig because I have never seen that show. It was aired Down Here, I know that, but I can't recall seeing it.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen3 View Post
    Looking good
    Only 5 Scenarios!
    They're not actually loading it up with activity, are they?

Oh....just checked and there are 48 Journeys......good.

I was almost sold, even willing to overlook the absence of free roaming ability, until I saw the included freight cars. Come on DTG how long is it going to take you to learn you can't realistically model a north American general freight train with only two different cars and without a multitude of different roadnames from across the continent, and something about the boxcar just doesn't look right. Someone should also tell Matt that by the 1980's there were no ice reefers left, the car he has included looks like an insulated boxcar. I like the Santa Fe style caboose though but not enough to make me buy the route.

The usual DTG eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Only 5 Scenarios!
    They're not actually loading it up with activity, are they?

Oh....just checked and there are 48 Journeys......good.
    But I bet those 48 journeys are exactly the same every time you run them. Take it from someone who does it for a living, even a 20 minute commuter run is different in some way every day.

The F7 looks good and the Caboose, but, the route is all rocks and trees again, similar to CSX Cumberland, and only 37 miles from head to tail, not very awe inspiring travelling up and down single line trackage, ho hum......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.