Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Clinchfield - Mountain Warriors

I went for ETS2 Iberia, much better value for money

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I went for ETS2 Iberia, much better value for money

Mike.
    That's definitely going on the shopping list! Though talking of sounds, last time I fired up the game the trucks still seemed to be suffering from the poor audio I mentioned previously in the ETS thread.
    Vern.

Good man, keep the devs going forward.

I cannot comment on the default truck sounds sorry Vern. I never drive any of them, too modern for me buddy.

The Roman Diesel i have been driving for a few months now, has great prime mover audio.

Even better with the windows open.

But there are plenty of sound improvements out there for the default trucks. All free as well Vern

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I think this route is very good. Even sounds is pretty good (maybe not horn). For the almost first time, it really feels like driving a heavy train. Some scenarios are very challenging. easy to do mistake.
    I give this a 9 of 10 scale. Here TSW is clearly approaching run8 in psychics.
    and in many ways so it is much better than run8. I think it is very enjoyable to drive. I have 40 fps with max graphics.

You are right Jorgen, everything else about the route is superb. The sound issues I mentioned are probably an issue of the core game rather than route specific, as is the other issue - very dark nights making it difficult to see what you’re doing on night scenarios. As regards competing with Run 8 yes they definitely need to diversify and get away from the sandy yellow. Would be nice to have the R8 industry function in TSW though.
    Vern.

I think it to bright on night. It is dark on nights. Go out in woods you see. it is a simulator this.
    So really dark and if you having good headlight and flashlight you can do anything at nights. (maybe not English trains)
    TSW in beginning 2017 have dark nights.

There are some basic errors in TSW that bother me. Never dark at nights. Headlight its not good at all. (to short)
    Looking at train comes to you the headlight is dark then its very near you it shine.
    Locomotive engine idle sound heard further away than they should. It walking a side a train.
    Train to short (40-50 wagons at most) . This has to do with the consoles they can no longer handle longer trains. (bad fps)
    Hope we soon get at consist editor .

but if you think about how TSW was 2017, many baby steps have been taken along the way. so now it is quite enjoyable in many routes.

Jorgen

It's not bad....not bad at all.

So far I have gone into the F7 intro and if those half-wits posting (on Steam) that the brakes are bugged had taken the time to run through the F7 tutorial then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to whinge. (Although that's debatable!).

I must give credit where it's due: the DTG artists have done an excellent job. Thumbs up!

One no-no was apparent very quickly: we are instructed to open the cab door and then climb the ladder, which is impossible to do in real life because you have to climb the ladder to get to the door handle.
    See, DTG? It's these little silly things which let you down.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Glad you're enjoying it Bruce, yes the youngsters are used to stepped braking it seems.
    Agree re the ladder, one thing I never appreciated until now is how high off the ground the F7 cab is. You couldn't work these things if you had vertigo and a nasty drop (6 feet?) if you opened the door to leave the cab and took a bad step!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it Bruce, yes the youngsters are used to stepped braking it seems.....
    I really like the authentic touch of having to move the Transition lever to the Braking mode and also usually needing to use both the train-brakes and the independent brakes. Makes for a more immersive experience.

However, DTG still have a lot of tweaking to do with the physics before it gets anywhere near something like Run 8.
    A standout example of what is wrong is that I was climbing a 0.5% grade (light engines), throttle at 0 and yet accelerating.

Also, there is a wheel-slip indicator on the panel in the F7 yet no sanding capability.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I noticed that too Bruce, descending 0.1% gradient, 1 in 1000 I was actually having to use light dynamics when that in reality is near enough level and I should have been in light power. I have mentioned it on the DTG forum but whether it goes anywhere...

If only we could have the graphics and service modes of TSW combined with the physics and industry mode of Run 8.
    Vern.