Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinchfield - Mountain Warriors

Bruce, looks like a real nightmare in the video of Port M.

Very pleased to hear you are not under water buddy. Must be soul destroying being flooded out like that.

Hahahahahaha, typical Australian from your last sentence. Barbie's one year and swimming the next.

I will stick to living on high ground, away from the coast line and rivers.

Very pleased to hear you are ok, Bruce.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    .....Very pleased to hear you are ok, Bruce.

Mike.
    Thanks, Mike. Appreciated.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Now available to pre-order on Steam - released in a weeks time on 8th April. 10% off at the moment so my order has gone in.
    Vern.

Counting down the minutes until live on Steam to download...

This is either going to be really good or the monitor will be going through the window.

been reading the initial views of those who bought the console versions which are already out. Impressions generally seem favourable though some criticism of braking as being over harsh, too easy to go into emergency. Maybe won't be so much of an issue on PC with finer KBM control.
    Vern.

https://youtu.be/0Xs7KxjzrSo

Looks impresive.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

So far very good. As with SPG you have to set the cab up properly to drive so you need to run the tutorials, as the F7 is quite a different beast to the newer SD's. One thing the tutorial doesn't mention is that you actually need to shift the transition lever into "Brake" before using dynamics. Also traditional set and lap braking is used - two things to be aware of is that the handle is very sensitive on keyboard and easy to push through into emergency. If you're running an ABBA lash up, then you need to ensure the brake cutout valve in the rear A unit is set to cut out, with the lead A cut in.
    There is also a lever on the dash to set how many units in the lashup - 1, 2, 3 or 4 which must be set for them all to MU.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    So far very good.......followed by helpful info.
    Thanks, Vern.
    Your opinions would also be appreciated when you get a chance.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Route is nice but in classic DTG fashion they drop the ball on the sounds, again. See my post at the official forum:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...-sounds.38542/
    Vern.

Thanks, Vern.
    Others have also expressed disappointment with the sounds.
    (When will devs appreciate that sounds go a long, long way to making a game either excellent or mediocre?)

Interestingly, the number of negative comments re: the brakes.
    A whole lot of people are calling it a bug.

When DTG can't even get the buffers to visually compress when you couple a locomotive up to the freightcars/passenger coaches, then all the immersion goes out the window, they'll never develop a proper train simulator in a million years......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.