Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Clinchfield - Mountain Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    However, DTG still have a lot of tweaking to do with the physics before it gets anywhere near something like Run 8.
    A standout example of what is wrong is that I was climbing a 0.5% grade (light engines), throttle at 0 and yet accelerating.
    This can depend you doing 0,5% downgrade. (or you having wagons which is downhill)
    Tsw sometimes has problems that it shows the opposite in the Hud
    Especially if you change the direction. In Arosa it happens quite often.

0,1 % down maybe the engine shouldn't increase speed. But 0,2 it should in lower speeds. Maybe the Bearing friction is missing.
    I think TSW have one problem (more) with psychics it miss wind resistance. it is especially noticeable at higher speeds.

Most of these of course are game engine core issues, rather than the route itself. One biggie that just clipped me is the save game bug. Trying to do the Greenbriar chained timetable runs, got Part 1 complete which opened into Part 2. After saving and resuming later it has lost all the distance, instructions etc information from top left of the HUD along with the next action marker. This really destroys the illusion of cause and effect going from one section of the run to the next.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ......If only we could have the graphics and service modes of TSW combined with the physics and industry mode of Run 8.
    That would be a simulation that would take a lot of beating, Vern.

Another thing I've observed, albeit minor, I s'pose, but annoying, is that every item of rolling stock is labelled "Clinchfield".
    There is not one private coal car - and there were many of them owned by the coal companies themselves - and none of the general freight cars show any other railroads or private businesses.

Once again, it's the details which let DTG down.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Why am I, the engineer/driver, the one who has to walk/run along the length of the train to uncouple cars whilst my observer/conductor/assistant sits on his fat arse gazing out the bloody window?!!

I'm too damn tired to operate the loco after all this running up and down.
    The union needs to look into this, quick smart!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

And unlike Run 8 there's no superfast movement or key shortcut to move you from front to rear of the train and back again. Ctrl = or Ctrl - will move you between cabs in the lead formation but not to any additional mid train or rear helpers.
    Vern.

Not superfast. But you can use 3 and 8 key to very fast moving around and
    change switches break up wagon coupler

Thanks Jorge, I didn't realise you could do it from the external view without physically leaving the cab. Though I have been using the "9" view to change switches etc.

In other news, sadly one of the more interesting scenarios - Limited Power - is bugged. After hauling a load of empties up to one of the mines and breaking the train into portions for the loader, an AI F7 is supposed to come and move one of the cuts out the way. This gets stuck so when you finish loading the first cut and get the instruction to back down to the stabling road, the other cut is still there over the task marker.

But overall I'm really enjoying the route and once (if) DTG work out the little bugs it will be even better.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....- Limited Power - is bugged. ....
    Aaah! I thought it was something that I was doing wrong.
    Thanks for clearing that up, Vern.
    (Makes me wonder if anyone there actually runs through each scenario from go to whoa).

I did Limited power yesterday without any problems.
    F7 came and took the cars for me. But this was the third time I did it. I made a mistake the first 2 times.

metalangel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    (Makes me wonder if anyone there actually runs through each scenario from go to whoa).
    Issues like this have existed back as far as the Horseshoe Curve DLC (and probably beyond, too). Back in the MSTS days it was possible to be routed into a head-on collision on Marias Pass of your timing was bad.

Back when I made MSTS activities I’d run through them a few times to make sure everything happened as it was supposed to.