Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Clinchfield - Mountain Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Back when I made MSTS activities I’d run through them a few times to make sure everything happened as it was supposed to.
    The MSTS Activity Editor was so inconsistent and finicky with AI traffic. On some routes, like MLT's Roger's Pass, I could throw down a bunch of AI trains, set up passing paths on every siding, and everything would just work itself out regardless of timing. A lot of other routes were a different story, though.
    Last edited by SlackAction; 04-13-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen3 View Post
    I did Limited power yesterday without any problems.
    F7 came and took the cars for me. But this was the third time I did it. I made a mistake the first 2 times.
    I read on the official forum, workround is to actually stop with the rear or as near possible rear of your train at the shunt/divide markers. I'm about to try again doing that.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Why am I, the engineer/driver, the one who has to walk/run along the length of the train to uncouple cars whilst my observer/conductor/assistant sits on his fat arse gazing out the bloody window?!!

I'm too damn tired to operate the loco after all this running up and down.
    The union needs to look into this, quick smart!
    I have felt that way a time or two. Other times I enjoy getting up and getting out for a while. So what would a software vendor do to improve that? Knowing we are about to walk it, my first suggestion would be to put some interesting scenery along the path. I don't know - maybe like an alligator climbs up out of the river suddenly. Or some interesting bird calls in the soundtrack.
    The issue I have with sending the Artificial fat ass out to do it is -- what would I be doing during that time? While "it" is out there doing it? I think I would rather walk than sit waiting.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rebrecs View Post
    .....-- what would I be doing during that time? While "it" is out there doing it? I think I would rather walk than sit waiting.
    A fast-forward button and the option to use it if one so wished.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I much prefer the "don't buy the rubbish in the first place", option Bruce
    Yma O Hyd

After experiencing what Snowrunner has to offer, plus the excellent value Season Passes, it will be very hard for me to go back to anything in TSW, let alone pay £25 for mediocre DLC. Over at the DTG forum they are positively salivating over Cathcart Circle, 20 miles (if that) of suburban route and one train. Even more boring than East Coastaway which I refunded and got put towards, wait for it... Snowrunner!
    Vern.

This "Snowrunner" of which you speak, Vern.....is that a game about dealing in cocaine?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    This "Snowrunner" of which you speak, Vern.....is that a game about dealing in cocaine?
    Ha ha! No Bruce, it is an extreme haulage game that requires a great deal of strategy and thought. One of the best titles I've played in years, totally addictive.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465360/SnowRunner/
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Ha ha! No Bruce, it is an extreme haulage game that requires a great deal of strategy and thought. One of the best titles I've played in years, totally addictive.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1465360/SnowRunner/
    I was only pulling your leg .......I've seen your post in General and I own Mudrunner......but haven't played it for ages.

I'll continue this in General.......