Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATSF La Junta-Pueblo Subs Amtrak #3

Quote Originally Posted by amtrak115 View Post
    Gerry,

I corrected the 3 static trains...they were all on dead-end sidings so it shouldn't have caused the problem.
    I agree with that, if OR cannot place static consists, it just shows a warning and doesn't load them...it will run the activity.

the warning... Information: Invalid passing path defined for train 167 at section 152 : overlaps with other passing path

I'm not seeing that. also Do know how to identify "section 152" on path??

There was a missing file for the cabview of an AI locomotive. I missed that one. I've downloaded and have the correction.

One other thing. I've tested with OR testing version, and OR MG version...but I seldom run the static version. Could the differences between the static and TESTing/MG version might be causing something???

Barry Aka Amtrak115
    I don't know how to identify a section, best you could do is to recheck the paths. I did not download the activity, I was just providing some information about the log warnings. If I had encountered this, I would have checked all the paths and probably re-worked them.
    I rarely run the static ( last stable version ) I'm running OR monogame 92 currently.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I'm not seeing the path problem on my system. I've made a slight change to one path, can anyone try this on your system and tell me if it cleared up the problem?? xhutnew.txt Click on the file name (xhutnew.txt), save it to your system, then copy the file into the paths directory for laJunta and then rename it to xhutnew.pat then try the activity again.. let me know if this corrects the issue

Gerry,

ref: VDbId ( 4294967294 )
    )
    )
    _Skip ( "TS DB-Utility - Version: 3.4.05(13.10.2009), Filetype='World', Copyright (C) 2003-2009 by ...CarlosHR..." )
    Above underlined line provokes all the world file warnings:
    Warning: Expected end of file in D:\MSTS\ROUTES\atljsb\World\w-011929+014214.w:line 57
    Easy enough to remove with a search and replace editor, just replace it with a blank space. You'll have to uncompress all the world files first, then compress them.

What do you mean, you'll have to uncompress all world files then compress them???

Barry

I'm not seeing the path problem on my system. I've made a slight change to one path, can anyone try this on your system and tell me if it cleared up the problem?? xhutnew.txt Click on the file name (xhutnew.txt), save it to your system, then copy the file into the paths directory for laJunta and then rename it to xhutnew.pat then try the activity again.. let me know if this corrects the issue
    I had no concerns show up for PATHS in any of the diagnostics I ran including the Correction of Paths in Open Rails. It would definitely appear to be an issue with Overlapping Paths and/or trainsets that are too long for the Path they are on.

Gerry,

ref: VDbId ( 4294967294 )
    )
    )
    _Skip ( "TS DB-Utility - Version: 3.4.05(13.10.2009), Filetype='World', Copyright (C) 2003-2009 by ...CarlosHR..." )
    Above underlined line provokes all the world file warnings:
    Warning: Expected end of file in D:\MSTS\ROUTES\atljsb\World\w-011929+014214.w:line 57
    Easy enough to remove with a search and replace editor, just replace it with a blank space. You'll have to uncompress all the world files first, then compress them.

What do you mean, you'll have to uncompress all world files then compress them???

Barry
    A routes World files "*.w" are usually in compressed form in the "World" folder. You need to decompress them in order to remove or change the line that provokes the warning in OR. In decompressed form world files can be opened with any text editor --- Context, Notepad++ and others.

After the line is removed or changed the world files have to compressed. RouteRiter will do this, so will the Zipper utility >>> https://msts.steam4me.net/utilities/index.html#tkutils

Zipper is for anyone that wants to (de)compress shape and world files. It's an user friendly replacement for the MSTS ffeditc utility. Can process individual files and/or recurse through folders processing all files it can find. Starting from your main Train Simulator folder it could process all s & w files in your entire installation. Full instructions in readme in download package.
    I'm sure there are other methods to (de)compress world files, not being a route builder, I'm not familiar with them.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

The only overlapping or conflicting paths that I saw is that xhutnew had a passing path that overlapped another AI trains path. Since both trains started at same time, the only conclusion I had was that OR was seeing the overlapping paths and threw a warning. Timing for both trains would have prevented that however, OR might not have looked at that. So I eliminated a passing path on xhutnew that was irrelevant to the activity. I never saw the warning about the overlapping paths so I'm hoping if someone ran the modified path that I provided, and could check the OR log and let me know. I've also gone through all the warnings in the log, 90% were dealing with world file issues. while there were a few dealing with sound files for some AI engines.

Thanks Gerry for the info. on my system the .w files in that route were not compressed...at least I was able to open two/three with notepad++, eliminated the last line the resave. that dropped those warnings for those world files.

Looks like some progress has been made. For those of us who are not literate enough to follow this, could you post or send a new File please? I really have no idea of what you are discussing with the world files, beyond compressing them, I can do that in RR.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Looks like some progress has been made. For those of us who are not literate enough to follow this, could you post or send a new File please? I really have no idea of what you are discussing with the world files, beyond compressing them, I can do that in RR.

Thank you.
    Don, don't bother with the world files, the route will run in OR just fine without making the changes. Removing the line just does some "housekeeping" for the OR log...if too many entries in the log starts to choke OR then it would be best to learn how to remove the entry.

Sound warning and errors in the OR log are another matter, always best to clean those up if you have them in the log.
    Cheers, Gerry

There's also little benefit to compressing the W files if you've uncompressed them. It's an old way of reducing the download size... leaving them uncompressed reduces the time it takes to load.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk