Thread: Two Passenger Views?

Default Two Passenger Views?

Greetings, All!

Can we have two different passenger views inside a coach?
    PC Specs :- Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 1GB, Samsung 4GB DDR2 RAM, Seagate 500GB HDD..
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.

Hi.

In ORTS there are two views automatically assigned - accessed via [5] and [Shift 5] - they are offset on the X axis by the same amount in both directions - that said - I'm pretty sure you can define additional passenger views per car - but you can only cycle through them via the [5] key -which will include all passenger views on a train.

Regards,
    Scott

You can have as many passenger views as you want.
    Add an Openrails folder to the car's folder and include a file with something similar to the following text.

include ( ../RI Wood Cab.wag )

Wagon (
    ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoints (
    ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoint (3
    PassengerCabinHeadPos ( -0.0 2.7 -4.2 )
    RotationLimit ( 50 270 0 )
    StartDirection ( 0 180 0 )
    )
    ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoint (
    PassengerCabinHeadPos ( -1.5 2 -4.3 )
    )
    PassengerCabinHeadPos ( 1 2.3 -3.2 )
    RotationLimit ( 50 0 0 )
    StartDirection ( -5 180 0 )
    )
    )
    )

You'll have to change the text for your situation.
    This shows 3 alternate views in addition to the one in the car's .wag file. You can add more ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoints.
    The 5 key will cycle through the cars, shift+5 cycles through that car's views.

It should look like this,
    5.JPG
    the forum doesn't handle the formatting well.

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    ...include ( ../RI Wood Cab.wag )
    my emphasis

With specific reference to the above emphasized and certainly with no criticism or argument with "rdayt" I would suggest always using the double backslash within quotes when using include files.
    Code:
    include ( "..\\US2FREIGHT7.wag" )
    Wagon (
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Couplers\\Std_Type-F_Coupler.inc" )
    From this thread at Elvas

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...20#entry201880
    Post# 24
    Posted Today, 09:52 PM
    James Ross "Backslashes must be doubled up because of support for escape codes (\n and \t). (Personally, I would only have expected this inside quoted strings, but OR does it outside as well.)"

View Postcr-stagg, on 29 April 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:
    Also the question about 1 or 2 slashes. See this post by James Ross http://www.elvastowe...post__p__182993
    James Ross "Backslashes must be doubled up because of support for escape codes (\n and \t). (Personally, I would only have expected this inside quoted strings, but OR does it outside as well.)"

The backslash ( \ ) is the correct path separation character for Microsoft Windows. This is a holdover from MS-DOS.
    In "C" programming languages (e.g. C, C++, C#), the backslash is a special character in text string data. The backslash signals the start of an escape, which in these computer terms means a special embedded code to represent non-printable or non-textual data. The curious can read more about this here. What this means, though, is that a single backslash in a text string is invalid and makes no sense, sort of like dividing by zero. To actually have a backslash, its escape sequence must be used, which is two: \\
    Escaped or continued (across multiple physical lines—this is common in .trk files) MSTS strings should always be double-quoted.
    Adding to point #1, the forward slash ( / ) may be sometimes accepted as a substitute for a backslash in Windows paths, but this is not official nor universal, and should not be relied upon. The forward slash is the standard path separation character for Unix operating systems, which is why you see them in URLs like http://google.com. So, do not confuse the two contexts.
    Forward slashes often seem to work in MSTS configuration files, and they also do not technically need enclosed in double-quotes, but it is still the wrong way to go about it.

Joseph
    [Jovet]
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I copied and pasted the code out of the Open Rails manual. It works.
    You are only going back one folder.

I copied and pasted the code out of the Open Rails manual. It works.
    You are only going back one folder.
    I don't know if that was addressed to my post or some other post...however, if it was to my post#4 -- you misunderstand ... I was only commenting on the use of a single forward slash or double backslashes ( within quotes )...giving examples of such usage.

You do bring up an important point -- that the path string properly refers "upstream" to the correct folder.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi.

In ORTS there are two views automatically assigned - accessed via [5] and [Shift 5] - they are offset on the X axis by the same amount in both directions - that said - I'm pretty sure you can define additional passenger views per car - but you can only cycle through them via the [5] key -which will include all passenger views on a train.

Regards,
    Scott
    Thanks a lot,Sir
    PC Specs :- Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, Nvidia Geforce GT 710 1GB, Samsung 4GB DDR2 RAM, Seagate 500GB HDD..
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.

You can have as many passenger views as you want.
    Add an Openrails folder to the car's folder and include a file with something similar to the following text.

include ( ../RI Wood Cab.wag )

Wagon (
    ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoints (
    ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoint (3
    PassengerCabinHeadPos ( -0.0 2.7 -4.2 )
    )
    PassengerCabinHeadPos ( -1.5 2 -4.3 )
    )
    PassengerCabinHeadPos ( 1 2.3 -3.2 )
    RotationLimit ( 50 0 0 )
    StartDirection ( -5 180 0 )
    )
    )
    )

You'll have to change the text for your situation.
    This shows 3 alternate views in addition to the one in the car's .wag file. You can add more ORTSAlternatePassengerViewPoints.
    The 5 key will cycle through the cars, shift+5 cycles through that car's views.

It should look like this,
    5.JPG
    the forum doesn't handle the formatting well.
    Thanks a lot, Sir. This is interesting. I'll definitely try this out
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    my emphasis

With specific reference to the above emphasized and certainly with no criticism or argument with "rdayt" I would suggest always using the double backslash within quotes when using include files.
    Code:
    include ( "..\\US2FREIGHT7.wag" )
    Wagon (
    	include ( "..\\..\\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Couplers\\Std_Type-F_Coupler.inc" )
    I agree, Sir ! Double quotes are important
    Rail Fan & MSTS Fan.