Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More unreleased Rowie

Default More unreleased Rowie

More unreleased Rowie from 2015 or so found in the dusty corner of my hard drive. Three 89' COFC flats with regular cube, hi-cubes, and mix of each. To represent the cross country dedicated COFC trains operated for single steamship companies in the late 70's, early 1980s, before the development of double stack cars. Sealand, APL, K-Line, Maersk, etc. I think Trainsimulations gave us companion shapes for both double containers on chassis and a combo container and container riding on chassis in the 1984 feather river set that blends well with these cars. Only shapes missing are a complete empty flat (could be useful for other F/A loads like pipes), and a single container load version. The only empty flats produced by Trainsimulations was a flat with raised hitches, and no genuine COFC flat without hitches. Very much at home on the Clinton Sub, Sherman Hill, Feather River and Scenic Sub routes.

Sealand operated both single stack and double stack containers through Chicago to and from New Jersey before enough of the NYSW stack cars were built. The double stacks operated via the B&O/BR&P and the single stacks operated via C&O across Michigan, the Detroit tunnel, and CASO trackage rights across Canada, re-entering at Buffalo or Niagara Falls.

Last edited by geepster775; 03-13-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Very nice. Take it in the DL-Area here on TS.
    That leaves a lot of space for your own ideas.
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Michael

Long time no see Geepster I had forgotten about those cars. I'll send a pm.

Loved these cars as well.. Great for any Conrail route I am currently using...
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    Long time no see Geepster I had forgotten about those cars. I'll send a pm.
    Would you consider a re-release of them?

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Those look beautiful - big fan of early intermodal equipment.

Few more shots to show how well they blended with the chassis riders in Trainsimulations Feather River pack. The TS models are regular cube and line up quite well on container dimensions and flat car 'thickness'. Haven't done any K-Line versions of the TS car yet.

Those APL containers look familiar.....

Steve

I remember when Conrail brought 20 or so of those single level container cars in the early eighties every night from the Massport Conley terminal out first street from the New Haven South Boston yard. Sent 'em out the B&A.
    Christopher

Where are these on the DL Here ?