Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New activity - Amtrak Empire Builder for Trainsimulations BNSF Scenic Sub

It was noted that the Gen_Pak locomotives may use some MSTS defaults for cab view and sound. The file library here has several replacement cabs; the most recent from 2011. Search for "P42 cab" and you'll see a bunch. Since I don't have Raildriver, I skipped the cabs designed for that and downloaded one of Charlie S's photorealistic sets. Instructions are provided for installing the cabs, but some editing of .eng files and the like will be needed. Also, the file library has a replacement sound pack: install the Gen_Pak1 and 2, then the sound pack.

With the replacement cab and sound, dependencies on original MSTS content should be eliminated.

Thanks Mike I'll have to give that a try.
    I wasn't that thrilled with the original P42 sounds that sound like a nest of angry bees when you throttle up.

Jon

Cant Wait! I have an Activity that I created,but since I decided to fictionalize my railroad{So that I could have a coherent system!},it is not Amtraks' Builders. Our Activities probably coincide somewhat especially in hours of operation. I will download your creation{Thank You! I KNOW how difficult it is to create a quality Activity!}and tailor it to my fictionalized company{Hope you dont mind}and let you know how it worked out. Thanks' Again. Brian

Did complete run, had no problems. Very nice and thank you
    Have a good day.

Dammit I was 1 minute late into Wenatchee. But that was with 2 stops to detach cars with hot boxes thanks to activity randomization.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

The original starter route had nice scenery and such (though a few problems with bridges up on the hill). The "new" starter route has a bunch of white blades along the tracks that look like they want to be trees and other objects in the foreground, and white patches where the tracks should have textures. The train runs fine (with the replacement cab and sound). Is it just me? Running current weekly OR.

Will run it again tonight and see what the log comes up with. There are some glitches with the locomotives still, though they work.

I've seen that, too. The difference between Starter versions was the wholesale conversion of ACE scenery items to DDS, and I think they missed a few. They do show in the log, and if you make those corrections to fix permanently or play with the checkbox option regarding the DDS instead of ACE files, the problem goes away (or actually, OR code applies a work-around)

It would appear that the TS folks used some automated process to decompress all scenery-related shape files and convert references from .ace to .dds. Except this process did not change any shape files that were calling upon textures with .ACE (capital letters). These unchanged shapes are the shape files displaying gray and throwing errors to the log when the checkbox is unchecked.