Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW & TSW2...what now?

Default TSW & TSW2...what now?

Having just today bought and installed TSW2 (in anticipation of Clinchfield being forthcoming....."soon"), do I now uninstall/delete TSW2020?

It appears that TSW 2 is seeing my TSW 2020 content (Sandpatch, etc) and is running it okay, so I am assuming that I can wave goodbye to TSW2020 without any drama and free up some HDD space.

Is that correct?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yes, you can uninstall TSW2020 without impacting your TSW2 installation. Your 'Preserved Collection' TSW2020 addons will still appear in TSW2 as they are treated as separate DLC linked to TSW2, rather than TSW2020.

Welcome to the club, Bruce.

I believe we may be getting two good routes in quick succession - the Swiss RhB Arosa Line which much to my anticipation is being supplied with loco and coaches rather than the plastic Allegra units, then Clinchfield.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwdude View Post
    Yes, you can uninstall TSW2020 without impacting your TSW2 installation. Your 'Preserved Collection' TSW2020 addons will still appear in TSW2 as they are treated as separate DLC linked to TSW2, rather than TSW2020.
    Thanks, Bob.
    Much obliged for your reply.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Welcome to the club, Bruce.......

Well, it was the combination of Clinchfield and the reduced price (AUS$19) for TSW2 which did the deal for me, Vern.

But one route is just in TSW2020 NEC: New York
    it will never come to Tsw2

Well,......first impressions are okay, with one stand-out: Brilliant FPS!!

I can run everything on Ultra settings and push the fps slider to "unlimited" and never see it drop below 90 when looking back along the length of the train or below 120 when looking ahead from the cab. (This is on the Sandpatch line).
    This is far better than expected.

Other than that, the slight differences in HUD and UI are nothing to get excited about and the physics/dynamics seem to be the same as TSW2020.

There was an odd occurrence at one point when I started my run from Cumberland to Rockwood with a black female assistant in the cab and the next time I looked across she had changed to a white male!!
    (This might be DTG's way of making sure they comply with the UK requirement that every production must feature a selection of minorities.....if so, I would expect to see a gay Asian in a wheelchair at some point.)

The livery designer is a waste of time and is aimed at the konsole-kiddies.....design your own livery. No ability to do an historical BN Cascade Green SD-40, for example, or a Santa Fe Warbonnet scheme. What a waste of space.

As for the Scenario editor, what is the point if you cannot create your own consists or determine your own start and finishing locations?

Oh well.....roll on Clinchfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen3 View Post
    But one route is just in TSW2020 NEC: New York
    it will never come to Tsw2
    That's okay....I don't have it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I would expect to see a gay Asian in a wheelchair at some point.)
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha OMG, i can't breath.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    As for the Scenario editor, what is the point if you cannot create your own consists or determine your own start and finishing locations?
    Are there any plans to flesh it out a bit more so stuff like this is possible?

Honestly, the lack of a proper scenario/activity editor is one of the only things holding me back from TSW2. I've made peace with the fact that it'll never be a real simulator, but they can't even let us build our own consists?