Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW & TSW2...what now?

Quote Originally Posted by SlackAction View Post
    Are there any plans to flesh it out a bit more so stuff like this is possible? ....
    From what I gather after viewing some YT interviews (with that Matt Peddleson bloke from DTG, amongst others) what we see is what we get.
    In other words, DTG has no intention of turning this into a simulation and any end-user "editing" will be next to useless.

There is a fellow on YT who runs a channel called SIM-UK.
    Here are links to his most recent commentaries about TSW2 in particular and DTG in general.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_jeZnn3wM&t=39s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GQVa-P85fQ

Cheers!
    Bruce
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha OMG, i can't breath.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I'm still waiting for DTG to offer us some proper British Rail simulated stuff from the 1970s in TSW2, something like this advert from several year's ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmDlyrjrXc

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

They can knock it as much as they like Steve. But BR was far better than the privatised fiasco.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

BR and German content are perhaps the two things I'm still interested in with regards to Train Sim World 2 - both of those have strong 2nd party developers working on the content. Ed Fisk has been behind nearly every piece of BR equipment (08, 20, 31, 33, 37, 40, 45). Maik Goltz has worked on the two ICEs, the 363, 423, and is bringing some new locomotives and EMUs to the game under his own brand (TSG).

Meanwhile, you have US content which released unfinished (and has remained unfinished) - the C40-8W still doesn't work for helper operations since it is missing a functional radio.

I've actually become quite partial to driving the ICE's, especially on the Koln to Aachen route where you can get up to 250 km/h for a bit.

However I definitely advise switching the safety systems on driving any of the German routes, the signal spacing can be very unforgiving - as we know from Zusi. If you don't get those brakes hard in at first sighting the distant, you will struggle to stop at the red.
    Vern.

The ICE services on Köln-Aachen are quite nice when you want to do a short run. Apparently München-Augsburg is good for that as well, but I haven't picked that route up. München-Augsburg also gets quite busy with layers, provided you have Main-Spessart Bahn and the two Rhein-Ruhr routes.

Yes it's around 25 minutes non-stop from Koln to Aachen or vv with an ICE.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    I'm still waiting for DTG to offer us some proper British Rail simulated stuff from the 1970s in TSW2, something like this advert from several year's ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmDlyrjrXc

Cheerz. Steve.
    A great send-up......love the bit with the station attendant ear-bashing the kid!! LOL!

Apart from a few oddities regarding the physics/dynamics (such as accelerating up a 0.5% grade in notch 2 with a mile of double-stacks behind me) I had to laugh when I looked across the cab and saw this guy.....whom I have nick-named "Tortoise Man".

He certainly has a problem with his spine around the C4/C5 vertebrae.

TSW2_in-cab.jpg