Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TSW & TSW2...what now?

You know what is so hilarious about the 2nd video up there is COLONEL FAILURE is interviewing the guy from DTG. A guy who makes failing in sims part of his channel and DTG is nothing but failure. You can tell he is trying to be diplomatic since he gets free codes to showcase this crap on his channel. But even he said this is ridiculous and it is.

Thanks

Sean

It's great when the reality hits someone at long last Sean. Me personally i saw the light and now feel totally liberated.

No thoughts of using DTG's or N3V's rubbish, ever again.

Fai, fail, fail, both of them on all counts.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I've a question in my Steam Library. I have Train Sim World 2020. Is that V2?. I ask as was looking at some of the CalTrans DLC along with Oakville Sub, which both say already own for TSW2. I was thinking of grabbing the Clinchfield, also the CSX C40-Series, but not sure if I need to purchase TSW2 before hand. Feeling overwhelmed this evening. Seems I recall purchasing some CSX units during TSW1, those too not sure if same package as the C40 for TSW2. Same goes for the SW which I had already purchased for TSW1.

Clear as mud isn’t it! AFAIK TSW 2020 is the older version, TSW2 is the current one. If you own both any routes that you have in the original should automatically port over to TSW2... I think.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Clear as mud isn’t it! AFAIK TSW 2020 is the older version, TSW2 is the current one. If you own both any routes that you have in the original should automatically port over to TSW2... I think.
    Surely not all that clear. TSW2020 I had purchased the Oakville, CSX units, Portions of CalTrans, NJT. in my library says I own. When I scout the various packages for TSW2 some already come up as owning while others say nothing. None say if compatible or not with V2. Surely don't wish to purchase same again. Honestly, not so sure wish to purchase TSW2 base if really needed, for, I quickly tired of V1, don't recall ever completing even one run.

Not everything TSW2020 DLC wise has been ported over to TSW2.

Or hadn't been before i had both removed from my Steam account.
    Yma O Hyd

The more I see the state of current products available for train simulations in general the less pressure I feel to produce anything, at any pace, any quality.

Surely not all that clear.
    That's what "clear as mud" means, i.e. it's not.
    Actually I think Mike is probably right, converting the older content is an ongoing project and not all of it's in TSW2 yet.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    The more I see the state of current products available for train simulations in general the less pressure I feel to produce anything, at any pace, any quality.
    Make your mind up, Sean!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    That's what "clear as mud" means, i.e. it's not.
    Actually I think Mike is probably right, converting the older content is an ongoing project and not all of it's in TSW2 yet.
    All my TSW v1 stuff works in TSW v2.

If you have TSW v1 installed and operational, when you install TSW v2 it will see what you already have and allow it to be used in v2.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0