Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Locomotive speedometer Open Rails/RailDriver

  1. #1

    Default Locomotive speedometer Open Rails/RailDriver

    I have Open Rails using MSTS for content. I operate trains using RailDriver control stand. Up until now speeds indicated on the RD control stand and the simulator speedometer matched. When I started it yesterday the speed indicated on the RailDriver control stand did not match the speed on the simulator locomotive speedometer. I have tried different locomotives and activities with the same results. When the simulator speedometer indicates 50 MPH the RailDriver control stand indicates 80 MPH. I have checked Open Rails Options and the "Speed units" is set to mph. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I contacted P.I. Engineering and they said they knew nothing about Open Rails.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    known universe


    Well since 50mph = 80.4672kph I'd suspect that the setting in the routes ".trk" file has to be changed.

    Look for this line in the .trk file >>> "MilepostUnitsKilometers ( )" and change it to read >>> "MilepostUnitsMiles ( )"

    You can use any text editor to open the .trk file, ConText, Notepad++ are what most folks use, others will work.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

  3. #3


    Thanks, I checked it out and it was set to "MilepostUnitsMiles ( )". After I checked the ".trk" files the speedometers matched. KPH sort of rang a bell and I checked Open Rails settings which were MPH. Anyway everything is working as it should. Only problem is I don't know what I did to correct it for next time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts