Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BNSF ES44AC 25th Anniversary Units

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BNSF ES44AC 25th Anniversary Units

Hi, guys!

I have finished work on a set of 10 BNSF ES44AC 25th Anniversary Units (also known as the "sticker units"). The base model for these units is the Trainsimulations Mullan Pass ES44AC locomotive. The cab will be aliased to my GE Evolution Series 2D Photorealistic Cab for Open Rails Train Simulator.

They will be uploaded once the testing and documentation has been finished.

Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Them are Nice Cant Wait...

They look great, Thank you

Nice job - great work on the weathering!

Thanks mate, but I can't take credit for that. The original textures, including the weathering effects, were made by TS. I've made some minor fixes and tweaks, though.

Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Awesome! A great content creator who actually shares his creations with the community and doesn't just show off pictures. Looks outstanding!

If you look at the TS BNSF Seligman Sub Gevos There the Same

You can Use BNSF ES44DC 7517

Rename the Files from the BNSF Seligman Sub DC Gevo to the TS One

BNSF_ES44AC_6140A.DDS To ---> BNSF_ES44DC_7517A.DDS
    BNSF_ES44AC_6140B.DDS To ---> BNSF_ES44DC_7517B.DDS

Look for 6140 in the Shape File and Rename it to 7517

Well i had to do the Same thing to Wyricks CN GTW Heritage ACE Unit

It Works it Shows Up and Everything

Don't assume "everything looks the same" they do NOT look the same. The shape (.s) files are a lot different then the DC and AC variations since of the modifications, additions and deletions. If you place that texture from one set to the other, it will come out off balance and make it look "mismatched" (i.e. doors, hinges, antenna, etc.) thats what you need to pay close attention to.

It does work yes, but the look, is a little off base. Since you are here in this forum for a short time, I'd suggest to study it more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish4890 View Post
    If you look at the TS BNSF Seligman Sub Gevos There the Same

You can Use BNSF ES44DC 7517

Rename the Files from the BNSF Seligman Sub DC Gevo to the TS One

BNSF_ES44AC_6140A.DDS To ---> BNSF_ES44DC_7517A.DDS
    BNSF_ES44AC_6140B.DDS To ---> BNSF_ES44DC_7517B.DDS

Look for 6140 in the Shape File and Rename it to 7517

Well i had to do the Same thing to Wyricks CN GTW Heritage ACE Unit

It Works it Shows Up and Everything
    Dave Edwards

....and just to set the record straight...Borislav was kind enough to use the term "Gerry Storey's Advanced Physics" ...strictly speaking...
    the advanced physics are actually the tireless and brilliant work of the OR development team for the past ... oh say...11 years. I did two or three things only....taught myself about the OR Diesel Engine definition ( combing threads, reading the manual, and testing, testing, testing...until I got it to work ); went looking for good data on diesel locomotives. Did not have to go far...because here in this forum and over at ET we have a repository of excellent information...Bob Boudoins massive work output ( solid, accurate, detailed and updated) on the physics for the MSTS engine file, Joe Realmuto's work in the same area and his development of FCalc, Derek Morton's work, and others. Derek gave me some references on the formulas for traction curves and I developed a calculator sheet for making the ORTSMaxTractiveCurves...a basic curve set, they DO NOT take into account specific quirks found in many diesel curves, my math skills are not that refined...Joe Realmuto's are...definitely not mine.

So I, patting my own back, made a workable, workman-like set of OR diesel engine definitions that provide a beginning point for people interested in such things. Released them as public domain so anyone could develop or modify them further if they so desired. I recommend Version2 from the library ( I'm slowly working on Ver.3 --- more about that in the future )

I have gotten some feedback from people using the files as a template for their own sets...that's wonderful, just what I hopped some OR users would do. This community should be grateful for this excellent Open Source train simulator that is so accomodating to MSTS legacy routes & models and yet is also forward looking, robust, very playable, and in active, responsive code development. I think it's bringing new life and energy to the community.

Borislav...sir, my profound apologies for going off topic and hi-jacking your thread, again, thanks for the new stuff. Be Well.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-28-2021 at 10:46 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Borislav. Hoping you can help. Pretty sure I correctly followed the instructions for installation. I'm getting the following message when opening in OR. " An essential folder is missing and Open Rails cannot continue.
    ...\trains\trainset\BNSF_ES44AC_6179_25th\openrail s\..\..\Common.inc\Locomotives.

Any help would be appreciated.