Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BNSF ES44AC 25th Anniversary Units

Hi, I used Real Converter 7 Standard program to converted the original dds files to back to dds and it worked perfectly for me. You should give this a try!

Johnny
    Last edited by bigmak1313; 03-31-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Do you mean reaConverter 7?

https://www.reaconverter.com/convert/dds.html

DDS (DirectDraw Surface) is an image file format that usually contains texture data, cubic environment maps or other type of data compressed using the S3TC (S3 Texture Compression) algorithm. The DDS format was first associated with Microsoft's DirectX 7.0 and later on with DirectDraw, a tool for accelerating the rendering of graphics in various applications. DDS is a container file and can be decompressed using a graphics processing unit (GPU).

The quick and simple way to handle your files is to get a quality piece of software, such as reaConverter. This software is extremely efficient in managing a wide range of batch conversions. As you will soon realize, reaConverter will help you avoid spending countless hours trying to figure out how to convert multiple DDS files as once.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmak1313 View Post
    Hi, I used Real Converter 7 Standard program to converted the original dds files to back to dds and it worked perfectly for me. You should give this a try!

Johnny
    Sorry, I'm not understanding "to convert original dds files back to dds...". Also, I'm not familar with Converter 7 Standard program. I've always used SFM, and it's worked great, but not this time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...3Q1Ekd5GHRwrSf This is the link to the program. I just downloaded the dds files into the program, and then just clicked on the convert to dds button. This will create a new file called (converted) in original file. Then just copy those file into the original bnsf anniversary file. I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigmak1313; 04-01-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks bigmak, I appreciate you trying to assist. I downloaded from your link, but quite honestly it's a little too confusing for me. I'm not seeing where the installation goes, and how to "download the dds files into the program". Admittedly, I'm not the best with this stuff, so I'm hoping Borislav can come up with a easier solution. Thanks again for your effort.

I've made three separate texture versions. Folders A and C each contain a version of dds textures and folder B contains ace textures. Please, try all three of them separately (with just one unit) and see how they work. If one of these work well, then I am going to make the whole set using that texture version.

The zip password is "yellowman":

https://we.tl/t-laHvnYjKRH
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Borislav, I dropped the textures versions, separately (first from "A", then from "B", etc) into BNSF 6111. The "B" and "C" folders gave the correct colors, but both were numbered 6179. The "A" folder was still blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Borislav, I dropped the textures versions, separately (first from "A", then from "B", etc) into BNSF 6111. The "B" and "C" folders gave the correct colors, but both were numbered 6179. The "A" folder was still blue.
    I didn't pay attention to the number. I just wanted to see if any of those would give good results regarding the problem with the blue colour. Now I know which version is going to work and it's going to be the "B" version. I'll make the full set tomorrow and post it here.

Thank you very much for your assistance!
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Hi Curt

I'm trying to send you a PM, but your mail box if full. I can send you my dds files for the BNSF 25th units.

Should be plenty of space now - thanks so much!