Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BNSF ES44AC 25th Anniversary Units

The set has been uploaded to the File library today and it should be available for download soon.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    The set has been uploaded to the File library today and it should be available for download soon.
    Thanks, Borislav HatTip.jpg Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

You are welcome, Gerry!
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Hi Borislav. Hoping you can help. Pretty sure I correctly followed the instructions for installation. I'm getting the following message when opening in OR. " An essential folder is missing and Open Rails cannot continue.
    ...\trains\trainset\BNSF_ES44AC_6179_25th\openrail s\..\..\Common.inc\Locomotives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Hi Borislav. Hoping you can help. Pretty sure I correctly followed the instructions for installation. I'm getting the following message when opening in OR. " An essential folder is missing and Open Rails cannot continue.
    ...\trains\trainset\BNSF_ES44AC_6179_25th\openrail s\..\..\Common.inc\Locomotives.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've discovered if you do not have the OR files needed for said locomotives, it's the physics I believe, simply delete that Open Rails folder. Then it should work fine.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    I've discovered if you do not have the OR files needed for said locomotives, it's the physics I believe, simply delete that Open Rails folder. Then it should work fine.
    Yep I had the same error until I downloaded the physics file that was listed in the readme. I thought I already had those physics downloaded but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    Yep I had the same error until I downloaded the physics file that was listed in the readme. I thought I already had those physics downloaded but I guess not.
    I don't even bother with the extra downloads. I typically do my own physics.

I just wish people that do repaints of freight cars, would figure out that today's standard is 286k for capacity, which is 143 tons loaded, and 30-33 tons empty. People are still on that 24 tons empty and 110 tons loaded standard for some reason...
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Yep, just delete the folder if you don't want to use the physics or just want OR to use the values from the msts eng files to deliver the physics. If anyone wants updated files for the OpenRails folder, PM me...if there is enough interest I'll upload them to the library.

As stated in the pdf readme...those instructions are in section "III"...after all these years, nobody still bothers first reading the readmes? Some things never change, do they?

Why read the instructions1.jpg
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-28-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

....and just to set the record straight...Borislav was kind enough to use the term "Gerry Storey's Advanced Physics" ...strictly speaking...
    the advanced physics are actually the tireless and brilliant work of the OR development team for the past ... oh say...11 years. I did two or three things only....taught myself about the OR Diesel Engine definition ( combing threads, reading the manual, and testing, testing, testing...until I got it to work ); went looking for good data on diesel locomotives. Did not have to go far...because here in this forum and over at ET we have a repository of excellent information...Bob Boudoins massive work output ( solid, accurate, detailed and updated) on the physics for the MSTS engine file, Joe Realmuto's work in the same area and his development of FCalc, Derek Morton's work, and others. Derek gave me some references on the formulas for traction curves and I developed a calculator sheet for making the ORTSMaxTractiveCurves...a basic curve set, they DO NOT take into account specific quirks found in many diesel curves, my math skills are not that refined...Joe Realmuto's are...definitely not mine.

So I, patting my own back, made a workable, workman-like set of OR diesel engine definitions that provide a beginning point for people interested in such things. Released them as public domain so anyone could develop or modify them further if they so desired. I recommend Version2 from the library ( I'm slowly working on Ver.3 --- more about that in the future )

I have gotten some feedback from people using the files as a template for their own sets...that's wonderful, just what I hopped some OR users would do. This community should be grateful for this excellent Open Source train simulator that is so accomodating to MSTS legacy routes & models and yet is also forward looking, robust, very playable, and in active, responsive code development. I think it's bringing new life and energy to the community.

Borislav...sir, my profound apologies for going off topic and hi-jacking your thread, again, thanks for the new stuff. Be Well.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-28-2021 at 10:46 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Yep, just delete the folder if you don't want to use the physics or just want OR to use the values from the msts eng files to deliver the physics. If anyone wants updated files for the OpenRails folder, PM me...if there is enough interest I'll upload them to the library.

As stated in the pdf readme...those instructions are in section "III"...after all these years, nobody still bothers first reading the readmes? Some things never change, do they?

Why read the instructions1.jpg
    Just for the record, I did read the "read me" and followed the instructions. I admit that I am obviously not as skilled as you in understanding engine physics, and that's why I ask folks for advise on how to correct. Yeah, you're right, some things never change...

As always, thanks Shawn and others for your assistance.
    Last edited by Curt C; 03-28-2021 at 10:54 PM.