Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BNSF ES44AC 25th Anniversary Units

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Just for the record, I did read the "read me" and followed the instructions. I admit that I am obviously not as skilled as you in understanding engine physics, and that's why I ask folks for advise on how to correct. Yeah, you're right, some things never change...

As always, thanks Shawn and others for your assistance.
    Curt, apologies, my remarks were of a general & ( hopefully ) humorous nature, and in no way, directed specifically towards yourself or anyone else.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I don't bother with include files because I don't like the cookie cutter physics approach where one centralized file makes an entire fleet of similar cars weigh, brake, recharge, and resist the same. I prefer individualized car physics with slightly varying weights, braking effectiveness, resistance, etc. I think Include files do have value from a centralized management of files perspective, mostly for hoarders who have never developed the skills to periodically prune their activities/collections and replace outdated models with newer modern upgraded versions, or who still insist on having files to allow cars to work in both MSTS and OR environments. I completely dropped MSTS compliance, so I use a traditional individualized wag file with OR physics only and don't bother with any OpenRails subfolder.

As for weights, yes 143 tons represents a 286k car, but the values in wag files still need to be in metric tons, so max should be around 129 tons for a 286k car and 119 tons for a 263k car. And then you have certain types of cars that will cube-out before they weight-out. Meaning cars designed to carry light weight commodities the will see that the cu ft capacity is reached before the max load weight of the car is reached, so they will not come anywhere near the 263 or 286k max values. And not all cars built during the 263k era have been retrofitted for 286k loads yet, and few of them probably ever are, they are just outright replaced instead.

My units all show up blue Open Rails 2021-03-28 09-55-31.jpg Any suggestions?

You have used the wrong shape file?
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by bigmak1313 View Post
    My units all show up blue Open Rails 2021-03-28 09-55-31.jpg Any suggestions?
    Mine too! I deleted the "Open Rails" folder, and thought I was good - what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    You have used the wrong shape file?
    Wrong shape file? Used the 6140 just like the instruction said. Matches to what shows in the eng file. Checked SFM and everything seems to be in order, in terms of dds files.
    Last edited by Curt C; 03-29-2021 at 01:31 AM.

Curious, my 5828 is ok?
    Cheers
    Derek

im haveing Issues Just finding these I just did a Serch for the ES44AC 25th units and Nothing for these Any Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Fish4890 View Post
    im haveing Issues Just finding these I just did a Serch for the ES44AC 25th units and Nothing for these Any Thoughts
    The set will be reuploaded soon. I apologise for the inconvenience.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

All woks very well.
    Thank you for these. They look amazing.

Have a good one