Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: load error help

Hi Jiggywatt,
    Sorry. mate, but the only fix would appear to be down to you!

From the Route_Riter report you posted, it looks as if you have mixed the MSTS Scenic Sub v2 with the ORTS Scenic Sub into the same ROUTES folder!!

The activity you're trying to run specifies Scenic Sub v1.1. As far as I can see, there's no such thing, but there are (were) two versions v1.0.1, one which was for MSTS, released about 2006 and the other as an ORTS Starter route, which was the release before the ORTS v2.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 03-20-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Hi,
    As Niknak has pointed out, the activity is intended, and runs in, the latest ORTS Scenic Sub v2 route, not v1.1!

However, after sorting out the missing HtBaggage folder, a loco is missing. Consist bnsf_grain_mt.con needs BNSF_ES44AC_6140.eng in folder BNSF_Mullan_GE_Engines. Has there been another release of this route which included that loco??

Unless you'd checked the log (but why is it reported 6 times?), you wouldn't know it was missing because Open Rails doesn't complain !
    NOTE to self - Must find a way to fix MSTS_ActMan so that > 30 character names are ignored when processing OR-only installations!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    If its this file: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=36317 dated 03-14-2021, then the activity loads and runs fine in the latest Scenic Route which is currently available on the TS or OpenRails website.
    That's the activity that has got me miffed. Can't find the Scenic 2.0 route at TS or OR. Would you happen to have a link? I have no problem purchasing the route again because of my mistakes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggywatt View Post
    That's the activity that has got me miffed. Can't find the Scenic 2.0 route at TS or OR. Would you happen to have a link? I have no problem purchasing the route again because of my mistakes.

Thanks
    STARTER ROUTE | TrainSimulations

or

DOWNLOADS | TrainSimulations
    Charles

Thanks Charles, I have the starter route. Looking for the streamlines version.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggywatt View Post
    Thanks Charles, I have the starter route. Looking for the streamlines version.
    It was originally payware, released in a couple of versions as explained by slipperman in post#21. The route -- as payware -- is no longer offered...just the "OR starter version" for free. Providing the route to you would violate the end user agreement. Where are your backups?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,
    As Niknak has pointed out, the activity is intended, and runs in, the latest ORTS Scenic Sub v2 route, not v1.1!

However, after sorting out the missing HtBaggage folder, a loco is missing. Consist bnsf_grain_mt.con needs BNSF_ES44AC_6140.eng in folder BNSF_Mullan_GE_Engines. Has there been another release of this route which included that loco??

Unless you'd checked the log (but why is it reported 6 times?), you wouldn't know it was missing because Open Rails doesn't complain !
    NOTE to self - Must find a way to fix MSTS_ActMan so that > 30 character names are ignored when processing OR-only installations!!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Hi Ged,

I have the 6140, but I don't know where from.
    I do have both the msts scenic and the starter pack in heir respective folders.
    I can run the activity without error on msts? and it only appears in my msts install.
    The path file being called does not exist in my OR install, only the msts install.

Wrt Actman,
    rather than 2 pieces of code, one piece that logs >30 but with a message stating that errors in msts will occur, but not OR.
    Cheers
    Derek

I have the amtrak8 activity dated 2006, so its an msts activity.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Ged
    I have the 6140 which I'm thinking I obtained when I purchased the Mullan route a couple of months ago.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    It was originally payware, released in a couple of versions as explained by slipperman in post#21. The route -- as payware -- is no longer offered...just the "OR starter version" for free. Providing the route to you would violate the end user agreement. Where are your backups?
    Now that streamlines is gone I can no longer find the route. Tried the wayback machine and tried to purchase the scenic route to no avail. I have backups, just need to find them. I'm not asking for anyone to provide me the route. I have purchased everything streamlines and trainsimulations has to offer. This was something that just occurred out of the blue. Once I find my backups I'll report back. I appreciate all the help.