Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drone Footage Toronto, MAC Yard (Hump), and Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    ...If you want to debate this in a civil manner I'm happy to debate it with you. But please refrain from lecturing me on the head on my shoulders or I'll report the post and have the thread locked. Deal?

Thanks

Sean
    Oh, get a grip Sean...you always love contention and appear to actually try to find it... ( seem to thrive on it )...keep flying...just expressing my opinion. You sure got to write a lot about it...got it off your chest? Good day to you Sir.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-21-2021 at 01:59 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Thank Goodness for Civil Air Patrol.
    I hope you've learned a valuable lesson Turd-Herder.
    Don't know if that statement applies to my post or not...what the heck is a "turd herder"... hard to tell if you're bein' snarky, ironic, or merely childish. If it does apply to my post...happy to have provided you with some moments of joy ( or whatever emotional state you were experiencing when posting ) fervor?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Don't know if that statement applies to my post or not...what the heck is a "turd herder"... hard to tell if you're bein' snarky, ironic, or merely childish. If it does apply to my post...happy to have provided you with some moments of joy ( or whatever emotional state you were experiencing when posting ) fervor?
    Sorry there Steele. the reference to "Turd-Herder" is a reference towards Sean. he'll see / know the humor in it.
    Sean also be known other places as "Sh*t-Stirrer". I was merely trying to keep pace with stinky reference.
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-21-2021 at 03:32 PM.

I'm somewhat lost with the above.
    Can learn just as much from Google Earth, don't fly over RofW,, Water, Pvt Property, how does one get off the ground in the first place, outside own property?. Google Earth being just a good, what's the need / joy of drone use in the first place?, esp. if you do indeed venture outside own property with drone.
    Sorry if Engljsh isn't your first language...

Anyone looking to do bad things can easily get the lay of the land on Google Maps or any mapping site. That's just the way it is. Drone videos won't be any better of a source as you seemed to think in your original response to Sean.

It's easy to avoid private property. I fly my drone from public parks, stations, etc with no restrictions and no infringement on the ROW. Likewise out at the railroad museum - I can fly over their property with permission.

It's not rocket science or difficult to be responsible and respectful at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Sorry if Engljsh isn't your first language...

Anyone looking to do bad things can easily get the lay of the land on Google Maps or any mapping site. That's just the way it is. Drone videos won't be any better of a source as you seemed to think in your original response to Sean.

It's easy to avoid private property. I fly my drone from public parks, stations, etc with no restrictions and no infringement on the ROW. Likewise out at the railroad museum - I can fly over their property with permission.

It's not rocket science or difficult to be responsible and respectful at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Oh understand English, only language I know, also, born raised U.S.A., perhaps before you were a spot on the bedsheets.

Anyways. I still don't understand how you can fly anywhere outside own property, or, as in your case, from public access locations without crossing some form of imaginary boundary once in the air.. Surely the museum, unlike an active RR yd location. Anyways, very nice of those museum curators to allow flying. Didn't say / think anything of drones being a better source. However, someone looking to do further harm could indeed use both drone / vid footage as another method to gain info. Some of the drone footage I've come a crossed were indeed close enough to read lots of info a bonehead could use to do harm. Not sure if Google Satellites able to hone in that closely. Hell, some of the street views offered by Bing / Google / Others could also be used to target, if a bonehead be hell bent. God forbid should a hacker get into your Drone & cause harm... lol.. These days, nothings sacred, &, or, 100% safe, with, or, without permission.

In the end, if Google Maps / Other Mapping Sites so good, what's the use / need for drone footage there eolesen?.

Sean, I guess you best stick to your property line, do you know how high that goes?, &, do you allow air traffic to use that space?. Perhaps may wish to put up boundary markers, for should you end up in court, you'll need to prove their locations, &, they must be clearly marked. Like no Trespass, Hunting signs etc.

Sean, get a grip, you best destroy that drone, don't worry, it's only money, can't take either Money / Drone with you!.

Good Luck, Going To Need It.
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-21-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Sorry there Steele. the reference to "Turd-Herder" is a reference towards Sean. he'll see / know the humor in it.
    Sean also be known other places as "Sh*t-Stirrer". I was merely trying to keep pace with stinky reference.
    Thanks for the explanation, no apologies needed or required...just wondered what the appellation meant and curious as to how to apply it to myself...since it applies to Sean...I leave it to you two to work that out.

Oh understand English, only language I know, also, born raised U.S.A., perhaps before you were a spot on the bedsheets.
    Applying Sean's advice about being civil ( which came from the good head on his shoulders...which is uncivil of me to "lecture" about --- I'm a former college teacher...and brother that did not even come close to a lecture ) ...the bold underlined statement above is both uncivil and crude to use in a public civil hobby discussion. Just my opinion. Also just whisper it in my ear...and you may get a laugh.

From this joke:
    A mother took her little boy to church.

While in church the little boy said,

“Mommy, I have to pee.”

The mother said to the little boy,

“It’s not appropriate to say the word ‘pee’ in church.

So, from now on whenever you have to ‘pee’ just tell me that you have to ‘whisper’.”

The following Sunday, the little boy went to church with his father and during the service said to his father,

“Daddy, I have to whisper.“

The father looked at him and said,

“Okay, just whisper in my ear.”
    Of course the crack about "english being your first language" is just snark...which is all the rage today.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-21-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry

Thanks for the explanation, no apologies needed or required...just wondered what the appellation meant and curious as to how to apply it to myself...since it applies to Sean...I leave it to you two to work that out.

Applying Sean's advice ( which came from the good head on his shoulders...which is uncivil of me to "lecture" about --- I'm a former college teacher...and brother that did not even come close to a lecture ) about being civil...the bold underlined statement above is both uncivil and crude to use in a public civil hobby discussion. Just my opinion.
    College nice, only HS here. RR was enough further education for me.
    I'll certainly sleep much deeper tonight, having had you kindly point out my limitations.
    Perhaps, I should go ballistic like another forum for you used "brother". The other forums,
    I inadvertently used "son" within, that surely brought out some form of evil flashback for one member.

Thankfully, we're all being civil here, educated or not.
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-21-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Of course the crack about "english being your first language" is just snark...which is all the rage today.
    lol, honestly, wasn't thinking / muttering "snark" under my breath at the time.
    Only HS, limits my abilities to catch-up with the times. I'm closer to Fred Flintstone, rather than George Jetson.
    Other forums I'm known as "The Dinosaur". Being adults here at TS "I'm known as "A__Hole". lol.
    That's why I need the good O'l dependable "Turd-Herder" at my side from time to time. No time for Poise, nor, Depends.
    Now, I could probably use a good pair of "Huggies", along with my hip-huggers, now that mud season's upon us.

Dear SMRY, limitation, schimitations...How the heck could I possible know any of that irrelevant stuff...I've never met you...also despairing of ones education is bull puckie...A&*8Holishness definitely occurs at any level of learnin'. A long life - well lived - is the best education.

My pops was a working man, uncles in the railroad (GT) and only one grandfather ( immigrant from Ireland 1912 ) got an education as a civil engineer. I got nothing but total respect for working men.

I sincerely hope you get a good nights rest every night, do not let anything I sputter about interrupt your rest.

-- and, oh yes -- regarding using words like "brother" and "son" everybody carries "baggage" around in their heads...when they see a movie, hear a word, look at another two-legged critter, read a book or forum post, the brain starts unpacking the old baggage and maybe some sort of unsavory connections pop out...and there you are...off to the races...ballistically.
    Anyone can learn how to keep the baggage in storage.

I rather hang around with Fred than George.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 03-21-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry

Dear SMRY, limitation, schimitations...How the heck could I possible know any of that irrelevant stuff...I've never met you...also despairing of ones education is bull puckie...A&*8Holishness definitely occurs at any level of learnin'. A long life - well lived - is the best education.

My pops was a working man, uncles in the railroad (GT) and only one grandfather ( immigrant from Ireland 1912 ) got an education as a civil engineer. I got nothing but total respect for working men.

I sincerely hope you get a good nights rest every night, do not let anything I sputter about interrupt your rest.

-- and, oh yes -- regarding using words like "brother" and "son" everybody carries "baggage" around in their heads...when they see a movie, hear a word, look at another two-legged critter, read a book or forum post, the brain starts unpacking the old baggage and maybe some sort of unsavory connections pop out...and there you are...off to the races...ballistically.
    Anyone can learn how to keep the baggage in storage.

I rather hang around with Fred than George.
    lol well, that's nice to know rather hang with Fred than George, for I referenced being more in tune with Fred.
    Now you've got a touch of my old man disease, reminiscing of both Pops & Grandfather, That I am indeed happy to hear of fondness for their hard work, &, hopefully great relationships.. I too been there, done that. I most likely am their ages at this point in life.
    As to education, whom brought that "College Teacher" to the forefront?. I merely added to.
    I've paid my dues, &, retired, not unlike your Pops / Grandfather.

That baggage your speaking of, would you be Waldo (username) over to Rolling Line Discord?.
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-21-2021 at 09:18 PM.