Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Curious About Run 8.

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    In regard to my post above.. Not saying I don't understand that Run 8 needs to make money, or that content is not worth it. Heck, a content pack is the cost of a couple of fast food drive throughs which the scales say I could certainly do without. Just saying is was kind of a shock. I'm sure that over time I'll skip some of those drive-throughs, have some cornflakes instead, and obtain some content.
    lol. Perhaps some rich Aunt can use the drive thru, believe Mc. Donald's offers cornflakes (breakfast hrs), on her way to cleanout the bank account, before she pushes up daisies. Those Run8 content packs are soon to follow. Don't Give Up!....

Actually the analogy of drive thru is exactly how I think about purchasing anything for entertainment.

Not the posts i cannot comprehend Scott, well apart from Sean's

It's R8's million things to remember and on top of that the External Dispatcher.

Which is an education in itself, buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Not the posts i cannot comprehend Scott, well apart from Sean's

It's R8's million things to remember and on top of that the External Dispatcher.

Which is an education in itself, buddy.

Mike.

In terms of over all operations, yes there is a lot to remember. But realistically, you only need to remember the controls and how to read signals. Get someone else to deal with dispatching and setting your route and you are set.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    lol. Perhaps some rich Aunt can use the drive thru, believe Mc. Donald's offers cornflakes (breakfast hrs), on her way to cleanout the bank account, before she pushes up daisies. Those Run8 content packs are soon to follow. Don't Give Up!....
    The nice thing about Run8 is that you don't have to have all the content to play on any server with everyone else, regardless of what content they have. So you could play on a south west server that has all the DLC even if you have the base game with out any real issue. You would just see a lot of place holder content.
    My Twitch Streaming Run8 ops once a week in the fall/winter: https://www.twitch.tv/kazick_fairwind
    My YouTube, I post junk here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJY...4myufHyY_lA6gg

I'm very aware Jib228. Believe may wish to direct reply more towards 1611mac.
    Myself been with Run8 from day one. Along with both ExDS, &, RTS; Others.

Hi... I got it. Actually, since most of my time is spent driving and looking at dispatcher, signs, and signals the fact that I have a lot of Run8 cars isn't that big of a deal for me right now.

Jib228, i don't do multiplayer. So everything that needs to be done in R8, has to be done by me.
    Yma O Hyd

Same here Mike, Run 8 entirely in single player mode for me.
    Vern.

I don't do MP in any games Vern. There are two WW2 FPS games on Steam that look really good.

But both are MP gameplay only, so a non starter here.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I don't do MP in any games Vern. There are two WW2 FPS games on Steam that look really good.

But both are MP gameplay only, so a non starter here.

Mike.
    Ditto.

I think that many of we oldies, who cut their teeth on single-player games (before the internet stuffed everything up), much prefer to not have to play online with others.

It's bad enough having to put up with disrespectful, inconsiderate and aggressive twits in real life, so why do it when all you want is entertainment and a bit of pleasure?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0