Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious About Run 8.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    ...A branch line can be 300 miles long in Australia ....
    True....that is, for those branch-lines which are still operating, Mike.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

No a branch line is a branch line, not built for mainlines. Seldom have signals or meets and that defeats the purpose. I'm all for the 3 CP lines and would gladly purchase all 3. There is a reason for that, it's linear, it's not as buys, and it has less industries. Those are the kind of things you can run in single player. The point isn't smaller for the sake of being smaller in overall length, it's about the ability to operate it as real as it gets without having to hire all your friends and their friends to operate it. Hope that makes more sense from my perspective.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Customer is always right Bruce,
    Who ever coined that phrase never worked a day in their life in retail. And I hope they are somewhere getting their shins smashed with a 2007 Razor scooter repeatedly.
    My Twitch Streaming Run8 ops once a week in the fall/winter: https://www.twitch.tv/kazick_fairwind
    My YouTube, I post junk here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJY...4myufHyY_lA6gg

Quote Originally Posted by Jib228 View Post
    Who ever coined that phrase never worked a day in their life in retail. ....
    I'd say it's truer today than it was 40 years ago.
    With consumer legislation that we have now (Down Here, anyway) the customer is always right.

Not only is he/she right, he/she also has a bloody good chance of a successful lawsuit should what they bought not exactly match what is on the label.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    No a branch line is a branch line, not built for mainlines. ...
    I beg to differ.
    Many branch-lines here were (and supposedly still are) just extensions of the mainline, particularly those which handle heavy loads such as wheat and coal.
    The type of construction on those branches was the same as that used on the main from which they branched.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    True....that is, for those branch-lines which are still operating, Mike.
    I was thinking more of them historically Bruce. I bloke from Victoria State, merged all the NSWGR Main South sections together and also merged in all the branch lines that radiated off the mainline, for Trainz. Some of those branches were extremely long. That got me interested in NSWR historically and read about the branches not included.

In regards the CPR routes in MSTS. There are quite a few sections of the same railway built as payware in Trainz. Which since TRS19 can be merged, it must be massive end to end.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

With consumer legislation that we have now (Down Here, anyway) the customer is always right.

Not only is he/she right, he/she also has a bloody good chance of a successful lawsuit should what they bought not exactly match what is on the label.
    You miss my point Bruce, MORALLY always right. Now some retail assistants treat customers like dirt.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

The small businesses may be sued and put out of business. The big corporations however have the money to lobby (bribe) their way out of anything major and get a slap on the wrist. It's become a two tier system worldwide and the middle class, and all the small business are being destroyed. The same thing goes with fines for who knows what having a drop of alcohol in their system (when they're sober) to not wearing a mask outdoors. Meanwhile politicians can have their own holidays not even following their rules. Landlords who can't collect rent and protect their investment and property. It's all about what the little guy wants right? It's for the votes and the money that's all that matters.

Anyways I'll steer clear of that before the record thread locker from the dark side causes a disruption in the force.

Back to the original poster or anyone considering realistic train physics owe it to themselves to purchase Run8 now. Don't worry about V3 or the next big thing from some other publisher. Life is too short.

Thanks

Sean

It is numerously attributed to various department store moguls at the beginning of the 20th century. The true meaning was in fact the customer is right in knowing what product or service they are looking for. For example, if they wanted pinstripes but you only sold tweed, you as the smart businessperson should start stocking pinstripes. A more modern example is Ford in North America discontinuing all car models (except the Focus Active and Mustang) in favour of more crossovers, SUVs and trucks, because that’s what their customer base wants.

It has been hijacked and taken to mean the customer can just complain to get their way by foolish managers. This is part of the reason why we have the contemporary “Karen” trope, as unscrupulous people know they can make demands and many businesses will kowtow to make them go away quietly.

I shop on line as much as possible. More choice and usually cheaper.

The high st is so 20th century anyway.
    Yma O Hyd